• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Looking for Mr. Good-Car

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I will start with SELLERS are leery they may want a big price or a good home buyers just never know. I do not know why they won't say it's sold either. This is one reason Government web site www.IC3.gov When I sold my 1967 MG B I had 5 scammers one bad check that I knew not to try and cash. getting car cross country may slow sellers down but buyers are looking for West Coast Cars. I think West to East is easier than the other way. I sold my B to a local the wife wanted it as a gift to her husband. A cash sale in $100.00 and $50.00 bills that I took to bank ASAP all good bills. That is another problem seller have how to trust the money. I know nothing about MB I have only even been in two one was a Taxi overseas And the other was a 300 GW new on the dealer floor when I was a teenager. A family member this week that lives in New Mexico found a TR spitfire in AZ. He call me with pic that looked good and a great price Under $5,000.00. He trailered it home and asked what do i think Ho and what should he look for in problems ( really )
So the above is of no help just good luck and MB people are not like TR people in my view sorry. Madflyer

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Also, make sure when you are replying to an ad that you stay away from bot phrases like a generic "Is this still available?" or using the exact same wording as the ad's title in your message. Many people will automatically ignore messages like this thinking they are scams/ auto generated.
Put specific wording in the message to let them realize you are a person.
If they don't reply in a couple of days I would suspect it has either sold already and they are too lazy to take down the listing, or there is a chain of people involved (see: I'm listing this for my neighbor/ dad/uncle/ friend) and communication is going to be slow.
I'd give it one follow-up message with a few more days, then move on.
It's even a possibility the listing is a scam but usually a scammer will get right back to you. be careful what information you offer.
Good luck!

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
One of the best ways I know to filter out the scam artists - ask the "seller" to send me a list of recent repairs and maintenance done.

Possible replies:

- it belonged to my uncle who recently passed away
- I'm very busy and don't have time to give details
- my brother did all the work and didn't tell me what he did
- I'm on vacation and won't be back for another month
- it's in storage and I can't get to it

and of course the all-too-common:

no reply

oy

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Clearly Benzes are like buses. One doesn't come for ages and then three arrive. IIRC a bit too new but the price is sooo much better.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Hey Tom, interior is nasty but the shell looks good

a 59 but priced pretty well I think