• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Looking for Lucas parts catalogue

Country flag
Hello Guys,

i am looking for a Lucas parts catalogue. Does anybody have a scan or pdf-file of it? I would als be interested in a hard copy if an electronical version is not available.

Best regards,

Martin

Tybalt

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
The AH 3000 Mk III production is split across two different Lucas catalogs with the very earliest ones covered under a catalog that covers 1961 up to and including 1964 cars. The 1965 and later BJ8s were covered under Lucas Service Catalog 220/2. If your car is a 1965 and later, I can provide information from that catalog for you and might even have a Lucas catalog covering the 1964 model as well but finding it, if I still have it, would require a bit of excavation.

In any event, if it is information from the 220/2 catalog, let me know what you want.

OP
M
Country flag
The AH 3000 Mk III production is split across two different Lucas catalogs with the very earliest ones covered under a catalog that covers 1961 up to and including 1964 cars. The 1965 and later BJ8s were covered under Lucas Service Catalog 220/2. If your car is a 1965 and later, I can provide information from that catalog for you and might even have a Lucas catalog covering the 1964 model as well but finding it, if I still have it, would require a bit of excavation.

In any event, if it is information from the 220/2 catalog, let me know what you want.
Hello Tybalt,

this is very much what I am looking for. I do own HBJ8L25.321 which is the seventh MK III built in November 1963. I need both catalog, the early one and the later one as BMC cleaned their shelfs and did not have a sharp date when changing the model. Sounds crazy, but my car is very genuine and I make this experience every time I order parts.
it would be great if you find your catalogues, I am interested in buying them.
best regards,

Martin

Tybalt

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Martin, I am not interested in selling them as I use them on a regular basis as a reference source and as you have probably found out, they are hard to find these days. If you have some specific questions or stuff that you would like to see, let me know and that can be done easily with the 220/2 catalog and hopefully with a little excavation on the older catalog that cover the earliest BJ8 models. As far as getting your hands on these catalogs the best suggestion that I could make would be to scour ebay and the like on a regular basis since they turn up on auction sites from time to time.

OP
M
Country flag
Martin, I am not interested in selling them as I use them on a regular basis as a reference source and as you have probably found out, they are hard to find these days. If you have some specific questions or stuff that you would like to see, let me know and that can be done easily with the 220/2 catalog and hopefully with a little excavation on the older catalog that cover the earliest BJ8 models. As far as getting your hands on these catalogs the best suggestion that I could make would be to scour ebay and the like on a regular basis since they turn up on auction sites from time to time.
Ok understood and will try finding one. Did you ever think about scanning your catalogues?

Tybalt

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Because of the way it is bound scanning the entire 220/2 catalog would involve cutting off the binding and turning it into loose pages. Scanning specific pages or small section is "doable" but there would be some level of distortion from the binding that would vary a bit as a function of a specific relative page location within the catalog as there are 229 pages plus covers and table of contents/index pages.

The thin catalogs such as the 220/1 for 1977 to 1980 cars and the what I hope is the temporarily misplaced 1961 to 1964 catalog is easier since they are bound with staples and being thinner making it relatively easy to lay flat for a good scan. The only hiccup I can think of off hand with the 1961 to 1964 catalog is that it is black print on blue paper so contrast might have to manipulated to make an easily readable scan.

There was yet another Lucas catalog that was used in the seventies that covered 1961 through 1972 (IIRC) cars with black and white illustrations, probably the best of the bunch in my mind and I would love to get hold of one of those but like my grandfather told me on more than one occasion "yea, and the people in "heck" (seems the auto software censor doesn't like what my grandfather said) want ice water too" because I haven't seen one of those in decades.

Last edited:

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
I have ones that go back to the 50s, but too many pages to copy and save. I use the for reference and parts crossing to other cars, no China stuff there.

jstmorris

Country flag
Here is a list of Lucas Equipment Specifications for the Big Healey.

I do not seem to be able to attach the file; it must be too big.

Last edited:
OP
M
Country flag
The Lucas 400e Master Parts Catalog is a great help. However, it covers AH 3000 from 1959-1960. I guess the one needed is according to Tybalt the Lucas Service Catalog 220/2. Did anybody scan this one?