• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Long trip to Virginia

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Last weekend, I drove to Charlottesville, VA from CT on Saturday to see my brother who was in a hospice with an inoperable brain tumor, then drove back to CT on Sunday. We went via I-81 - a more pleasant trip than I-95 and I-66 from the Beltway. About 900 miles in all. My brother Barry was fading fast and I didn't think he would last another week. On the way back, we stopped at the Southern Kitchen in New Market. VA and I had their fried chicken (some of the best I've had and only $10.75 with 2 sides) and a mediocre piece of lemon meringue pie. Wife had a BLT for $4.75, about half of what you'd pay where we live. While eating, two groups of motorcycle riders complete with black outfits, beards and fat women covered with tattoos, came in. They were well-behaved, sort of like Heck's Angels. On Tuesday, I got the call from his daughter. He had passed away that morning, aged 84. He was a sweet guy who never hurt anyone in his life; a car guy who had a MGA and long afterwards, a Mercedes 450 SL and an Isuzu Trooper. His youngest daughter just had a baby boy out in Seattle that he never saw. Life goes on.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Sorry for your loss, but glad you got to spend some time with him.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Sorry for your loss - not what I expected to read.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Condolences. Sorry to hear that news.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Sorry for your loss. I lost my younger brother at age 62 a few years back so I understand.

anarchy99

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I'm deeply sorry for your loss. I have a twin brother and the older I get the closer we get. I can't imagine your loss and I only hope that he is in a better place now.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Deepest condolences to you and your family. Good that you were able to see him one last time.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
+1. So good that you got to see him. Sometimes what is best for the people we love is not best for us - but it is the nature of love to want the best for the people we love. We rarely think of death as a cure but he is whole and at peace. Thanks for sharing and our condolences.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Paul - I'm so sorry to hear this. We each deal with loss in our own way.

My brother is on "shaky ground", so I'm trying to keep us both in contact.
Tom M.

Country flag
Meant a lot to him I'm sure that you were there and will mean a lot to you for the rest of your days that you could get there. I spent the last afternoon with my mom before she passed and will always be glad I had the opportunity.

titanfan10

Bronze
Country flag
Sorry for your loss Paul. I have been in that situation with both parents, but its comforting to know the second they passed they were in the presence of God.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Paul, I'm terribly sorry, you and yours have my deepest condolences.

mgf

Country flag
I lost me 52 year daughter in 2014 to a very aggressive brain tumor (Glioblastoma 4)
in the middle of her head. She was with us for 7.5 months.
I empathize with you & yours.

OP
P

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Thanks to all who sent condolences. His two daughters have lost both parents in less than one year. Fortunately they're both doing fine.