Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I'm not saying one necessarily could make money restoring it, but to me it's almost always worth preserving and saving a long-door TR2 if at all possible. I just wish it were possible for ME to do it.... :frown:
This TR2 sort of reminds me of my current TR3 except that it has a tad bit more rust than mine did. I feel its not a bad deal if you were local & got it for $1K. Wish I were closer than 3K mi. away.
I will fess up....this is really tempting! This car is just 6 hours away from us....and yes there is a car trailer in my driveway! I agree that every long door should be saved! There are motors and trannys around...but how few long door bodies are around? Anyone in Forum-land going to raise their hand? Gil NoCal
I'd seriously have jumped on it yesterday if it was closer. I even called a friend out in oregon to see if they still had a big back yard I store something like that in for a while, and maybe make a road trip this fall or something, but that was a no go =(
At least you will not have to replace the rockers. There are a couple of motors on ebay and a nice Toy trans mission will make a nice combination.
Paul
I would love this project! Am having a hard time selling the idea that this is a ideal project to have in front of me as retirement looms ahead! Anyone know how difficult it is to find some of the early TR2 stuff...like the brake lights?
That stuff available at the Big 3? I have a TR2 Rear end setup that is good...have couple 4 speed trannys ready to be rebuilt...know motors are around. Have to think hard on this one this weekend! Gil NoCal
Well...As Paul Harvey would say...The rest of the story!
I kept seeing this car listed on craigslist...and last night finally decided that this Long Door TR2 had to be saved...and I should find a way to go get it. Talked to the owner this am...and last night...some dude came with his trailer and picked it up. I do not have this great project...but the good news is the car seems to be on track to being saved. Gil NoCal
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.