• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Linux Fedora Help!

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
As you can probably tell from the accretion of dust cocooning my old Smith it hasn't been used in the better part of two decades. Also if you zoom in on the "5" key in my picture you'll see it's a British typewriter, it also has te AE key at the end of the second row. The 7th grade required me to type papers, and so, my dad rummaged about and discovered this old thing at a yard sell for, I belive, $5. He cleaned it and oiled it, and bought a new ribbon for it. I was set for many years.

Last edited:

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
My trusty ol' Naumann Erika -

View attachment 80278

Wish I still had it! Traded it about 15 years ago for a Royal Royalite.
My main tool through the first four years of college was a Sears Graduate electric, which I still have. One of these days I'm going to get it cleaned and running again.

s-l1600.jpg

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Mrs JP brought an IBM selectric into the marriage (her father the mover got it from an office move) we were livin' large!
My mother had a Selectric. Dad built her a desk with a cut-out the machine fit into so the key height was comfortable. The Selectric is long gone but the desk is what I sit at as I type this.