G
Guest
Guest
Guest
Offline
I'm in.
All washed, waxed and full tank ready to go.
All washed, waxed and full tank ready to go.
Hey Guest!
Brosky said:Little early for that hardtop, don't ya think????
Beautiful TR6. I love the color...
More likely thrust washers, IMO.Tinster said:I think the pinion
gear is shot.
Tinster said:Doc,
Please explain how thrust washers in the front
of the car are able to yield a heavy clunk from
inside the differential?
I'm confused on that one.
Thrust washers and main bearings are heavy duty
repair engine work, yes?
d
DrEntropy said:Mebbe on a B wot's gone 500K miles! Rarely have I had to do a diff rebuild on a B for lash problems due to wear. They're REALLY under-stressed. If the lube level is maintained and it is run regularly they should last forever. Only bad ones I've evere seen have either been ill-attended (seals left rotted, fluid deprivation) or abused severely (racing).
Mind yer tongue, Bro. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/jester.gif
...now Spitfires onna third hand, well... /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/devilgrin.gif
As does the gearbox. Common failure there too, at least on the TRs. For the Stag, they upgraded to thrust bearings and they hold up much better.Mickey Richaud said:Diffy's got 'em, too!