60TR3A
Jedi Trainee
Offline
My '61 TR3A has suddenly started leaking oil from the the oil pressure gauge, a few drops every few minutes, maybe one drop per every 2 minutes, plus or minus. I couldn't reach it myself to try tightening the line in case it had loosened by normal driving vibrations so I had the local gas station do it for me. The mechanic said it wasn't loose but gave it a little tightening, nonetheless. That didn't help at all and it leaks just the same as before. He said it's probably the coupling. My question is: can the coupling be changed on the end of the line the way you change a compression coupling on a household water filter line or must I replace the entire line, coupling and all? The gauge seems to work perfectly, albeit leaky. I'd hate to have to replace the gauge to stop the leak. Any suggestions?
Hey Guest!
