Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I had an issue with the power steering rack never the pumps. You might want to check out the hoses on the back side. One is high pressure supply and the other is low pressure return. Sometimes the fittings will leak. Otherwise the only other place is out of the front where the main seal is and you might be able to put some power steering stop leak in it.......not a true fix but better than dumping fluid. I know there is a replacement new pump from Woody @ The Wedge Shop but I would check hoses first.Good luck.
Not sure about the job in a TR8, but I just replaced the rack on my Stag about a month ago... PITA job and a mess. I wish it had been a leaky pump... that would have been much easier...
No recommendations, but I've decided that when mine goes belly-up, I'm converting to the TR7 rack and pinion. I've read others' comments about changing over, and think it's probably the way to go... at least for me.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.