• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Keeping busy: Cosmetics upgrades.

Bret

Yoda
Hey gang,

Well, while I await the “Spring” release of Moss Motors’ new EFI kit for ZS equipped Rubber Bumper Bs. I’ve been forced to focus on cosmetic upgrades.

stfog.jpg

The first I finally installed my new Special Tuning Spoiler that I’ve had sitting in my Garage for about 6 or 7 months now. The Fog lamps are new too. Not as big (3"dia) as I was looking for but they'll do for now. I have also ordered a stock in-dash fog/driving light switch to replace the after market one. Not that you can tell but they have a slight amber tint to them and look a heck of a lot better in person than they do in this photo.

newexhaust.jpg

Also as some of you know I had to re-hang my new exhaust because the chuckle head (he’s a friend, so I can call him that if I want to) who originally installed them had the down pipe butted up against the lip of the engines oil pan and would vibrate the hardware loose. Anyway the exhaust tip (not a big f@#t resonator) was another add-on I couldn’t resist. Not too over the top.

Also I have been working on some emissions issues that I will put on my web page for other B owners like me who still have to play the smog testing game. Check out my web site in about a month or so for some more updates.

I can’t wait until spring! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
the front spoiler certianly looks nice... I'd like to know if it made a noticeable difference in the handling or at least in a way the car feels at freeway speeds.

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
I like the look of that spoiler.....the black complements the bumper on your car nicely, and the fog lights look as if they were always meant to be there. Who's are they? Much of a fiddle to fit? Enquiring minds want to know.

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan
Very nice job all around.

Bruce

rampant

Ive seen several pictures of mgbs with the same wheels you have, im looking to upgrade from rostyleand was wondering who the manufacturer of your wheels are, they look great!

703MGB

I have a question about your roll bar cover. Does it protect well against casual contacts and harder hits. If so where did you buy it? Moss? Autopower?

Thanks

R6MGS

Yoda
Not sure about the Toyota bolt pattern but I believe Datsun is the same, I've seen many B's with Datsun wheels...Nissan too.

Radford

Jedi Knight
Sorry don't know why I typed Toyota when the post clearly states the wheels are from a Nissian /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif. Any idea what model and year those wheels were on?

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
according to Bret's website:
[ QUOTE ]
...Western Alloy Wheels on EBay for a $200.00 that came off of a 240Z and mounted some 195/70x14s on them.

[/ QUOTE ]
So, it looks like they're after market rims that were on a 240z at one time. Incidentally, I've read somewhere that the Mazda Miata bolt pattern matches up to the MGB also. Either way, there's a lot of wheel options available even though most of them do not explicitly say "MGB". I find that knowing the bolt pattern size and the necesarry offest will open the door to a much larger world of wheel options. Which I believe is: 4 Bolts on 4.5" spacing (same as some 70s Mustangs/Capris, Mazdas, Toyotas, and some 70s Datsuns), with approximately +22mm offset (according to British Motoring). hope this helps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Good article on wheel and tire sizing: British Motoring