• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Just wondering why...

Chet Zerlin

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
The starter solenoid on my 100-6 has a rubber covered switch that - when pressed - operates the starter. But, in order to get to it you have to remove the transmission cover and the cover in front of it that attaches to the bulkhead. Not to mention the carpet that covers it...

Not exactly an easily accessible feature! Anyone have any idea why it is located there?
View attachment 42427

Attachments

• IMG_1662.JPG
    IMG_1662.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 119
OP
C

Chet Zerlin

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Well...that makes much more sense! But as you can see from the picture, the existing hole indicates that it's mounted in the intended position on my car....go figure!

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I don't have a hole like that on my BN4; I access the starter solenoid from the engine compartment. Perhaps a PO put the hole there.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Sumpin wrong?? :

All starter solenoids are located on the engine side of the firewall----OH!! Sure-:playful:

OH Man I'm sure glad I do not have one of those old fashion cars---:applause:

Last edited:

Rob Glasgow

Jedi Knight
Country flag
My BT7 has the hole in the firewall, but as you've said, you can't activate the solenoid without removing a lot of the interior. However, I can activate the starter from the engines side by using a large flat head screwdriver to lever the button to the on position.

D

Duane_Rhynard

All of the 6 cylinder Healeys I've ever seen have the solenoid in this position (With the hole) as shown in the BN7/BT7 parts list (#12) below. On my cars, I can easily push the button with my finger from the engine compartment to turn the engine over. (Valve adjustments, etc.)

Thanks,
Duane

Capture789.jpg

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
That feller Duane got a Modern car too----:applause:

bob hughes

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
A bit pointless in having a starter solenoid with a push button unless it was in the engine bay somewhere. I am pretty sure that my BN4 had one in the same position as the one in my BJ7.

:cheers:

Bob