• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

July 4, 1776!

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Used to watch in the 70s, and still see it today on MeTV, Baa Baa Black Sheep. Complete and utter nonsense, watch only to see the Corsairs. Even in High school I knew that real marines of that time period didn't behave like that and they were Black Sheep because of coming from the unassigned pool. And the paint work was completely wrong, late to post war dark blues. But, I like seeing the birds fly, even incorrectly...

I loved that show as a kid, and same as you I loved it for the F4Us.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
As usual the reason for the thread has wandered off and has gotten lost in the woods...
I don't think they even started signing until July 5th

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
As usual the reason for the thread has wandered off and has gotten lost in the woods...
I don't think they even started signing until July 5th
:eagerness:

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
A gentleman was sitting and watching his dog chasing it's tail for 30 minutes, and thought how easily entertaind the dog was. Then he remembered he had been watching the dog for 30 minutes!

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
A gentleman was sitting and watching his dog chasing it's tail for 30 minutes, and thought how easily entertaind the dog was. Then he remembered he had been watching the dog for 30 minutes!

Excellent!

:encouragement:

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
We have three cats, the old Red Tabby looks at at you like, duh, not me. The two siamese are so cross-eyed, that if it gets over a foot away from them they can't see it.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
I can't say I'm a fan of the laser pointer. There is no reward for the hunt. The cat will never win. I prefer solid objects for my cat.

AUSMHLY

Obi Wan
Country flag
Same here. When younger the cat would chase the laser. Now he's 8, he's figured out the laser; he'll just lay down, so I need to pass the laser with-in his paw striking distance. After a while he gets frustrated, moans then runs away. Got to say though, the speed at which he strikes with his paws is quite impressive. I just got a GoPro and will try out the slow motion with his striking. To reward his efforts I will bring out something he can physically catch. Good Boy!

Dee

Country flag
Getting back on topic, this is the history I remember.
On the day they declared independence from GB, John Adams wrote two letters to his wife Abigail. In the second letter he said these two things.
“I am apt to believe that this day will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the Great Anniversary Festival.”
”It ought to be commerated as the day of deliverance by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty.”

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Getting back on topic, this is the history I remember.
On the day they declared independence from GB, John Adams wrote two letters to his wife Abigail. In the second letter he said these two things.
“I am apt to believe that this day will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the Great Anniversary Festival.”
”It ought to be commerated as the day of deliverance by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty.”

Amen to that! And thanks for returning to the original topic.

I don't think wearing US flag pants, hats, and underwear, getting drunk on the beach, and discounting sale merchandise, are what Adams had in mind.

Tom M.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Tom said:
I don't think wearing US flag pants, hats, and underwear, getting drunk on the beach, and discounting sale merchandise, are what Adams had in mind. ]/quote]

Would love to have been a "fly on the wall" of King George when the Declaration information reached him!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Would love to have been a "fly on the wall" of King George when the Declaration information reached him!

"they'll come back, they always do...."

3y95sq.jpg

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag