• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Jeremy Clarkson Suspended form Top Gear

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
It's now reported that the fracas was over the producer's failure to provide Clarkson, et al, with a hot meal instead of cold cuts. I guess Clarkson would have never made it as a wedding band musician!

I like Clarkson from the point of view that he will be pontificating about something and then make a reference that comes from so far out in left field, that if you're drinking something, water shoots up your nose from laughing so hard and so unexpectedly.

Interesting analogy to Howard Stern. I find that Stern has mellowed over the years. He was far more bitter and mean-spirited when he was younger. Also, it is reported that Stern in person is a far different persona than his "on air" personality.

D

Deleted member 8987

I will admit to watching and laughing at Top Gear once in a while.

But Clarkson has always reminded me of Howard Stern (who I also listened to on occasion). Both Stern and Clarkson could be funny at times but some of their humour also seemed mean-spirited to me. Particularly when it involved ethnic jokes or humour about the handicapped.

I know Clarkson likes to see himself as a champion for "non-PC" speech. But I don't. To me there's a difference between being politically correct and just being rude.

I don't feel bad for Clarkson. He's already rich and I agree that some low-rent TV channel will pick him and make him richer. Which is fine. Everyone, no matter how tiresome I find them, has a right to free speech......as long as I am not forced to listen.

I'm not a real big TV fan anyway. These days I mostly watch PBS with my grandkids. But if I'm going to watch something car-related, I'd much rather a car auction with some interesting stuff.......or better yet, Mike Joy & David Hobbs covering the Daytona 24 Hours.

He's a freaking welshman! What did you expect!?!?!?!?

D

Deleted member 8987

Interesting analogy to Howard Stern. I find that Stern has mellowed over the years. He was far more bitter and mean-spirited when he was younger. Also, it is reported that Stern in person is a far different persona than his "on air" personality.

Has to be. You're an unmitigated arse away from the klieg lights you'll end up in short order with your nose point out the back of your head.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
He's a freaking welshman! What did you expect!?!?!?!?

I don't really have expectations about someone's behaviour based on their ethnicity. But, of course, that was part of my original point. :friendly_wink:

I have cousins that live in Wales. I've enjoyed myself there. :cheers:

D

Deleted member 8987

Apparently you don't watch Top Gear much. I think it was Hammond who said "he's a welshman...what did you expect?"

D

Deleted member 8987

I didn't until...I heard somewhere (it's on the internet so it must be true) that when they tested a Tesla, and Clarkson was wincing on about how far to a charging station...and it died, out of electrons....at 55 miles, not the claimed 200.
Tesla apparently sued them over defamation.
Judge said: "Have you ever actually watched those clowns?"
"NOBODY takes them seriously!"

Case dismissed.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
I'm surprise at some of you! Where's the humanity? Where's your compassion? Don't you realize the terrible impact this news has brought upon so may TG fans? How many "Alex's are out there. Suffering.

D

Deleted member 8987

Just think of the wrongful death lawsuits BBC will have to defend against! Oh, the Humanity!

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
That video is *hysterical*!

The "documentary about the flying cars - I think it was called RAF".

:excitement:

(and I'd never heard of "Car Throttle" before)

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
It's now reported that the fracas was over the producer's failure to provide Clarkson, et al, with a hot meal instead of cold cuts. I guess Clarkson would have never made it as a wedding band musician!

I am mindful of George Clooney's acceptance speech for the Cecil B Demille award. where he said to the room words to the effect of - "we get to do what we do because of the hard work of many others - act grateful."

Sad, whether your last name is Clarkson, or Bieber or Sheen or ???? that you start to believe that you have a right to all this and that others don't matter.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
"Sad, whether your last name is Clarkson, or Bieber or Sheen or ???? that you start to believe that you have a right to all this and that others don't matter."

Gee, that behavior sounds like children, doesn't it.

hint hint

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

Gray_Cat

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
The BBC did the right thing. I quit watching the show a long tim ago. Being politically incorrect is great but he simply made too many clearly racists comments for me. And yeah, beating up someone over dinner shows his immaturity and narcissism. The guy should have been arrested for the beating. No pity for a jerk like this.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Reading the investigative report, they had no recourse but to sack Clarkson. It's a shame how some people who share the lime light with others, get to the point that they think they are the sole contributing factor for a shows success. I liked the show, but Clarkson got what he deserved! He made his bed, now let him lay in it! I don't feel sorry for him. I don't think we've seen the last of this though. PJ

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
It's a shame it was a good show. I wonder, now that Clarkson is gone, if Hammond and May will actually leave too or except new possibly more lucrative contracts. I'm sure Clarkson won't have any trouble getting a new job.

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
Reading the report, BBC really had no choice. They couldn't keep Clarkson after something that blatant, and even possibly criminal. Clarkson should be thankful that Oisin did not file a police report...not that any jury in Great Britain would convict!

Even if all three are out, I imagine the BBC will have no shortage of candidates wanting to take their place. Drive fast cars and go to exotic locales? Who wouldn't want that gig?