• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Jay Leno Garage

stretchit2

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Hey,

Are you guys watching Jay Leno''s Garage on MSNBC. It will be on every Wednesday Night. Being from So Cal I recognize all the roadways that Jay is driving on, particularly the Angeles Crest Highway one of the best driving roads in America. I take my Healey up there about once a week.

Support one of the greatest car guys of all times and tune in to his show, finally on cable T.V

Cheers,

Jeff

JBlubaugh

I caught it last night, not bad. Great to see some of those cars being driven the way they were meant to be.
He shows up on a lot of the motorcycle You Tube videos taken on that stretch of road. Seems he takes a car out there on most weekends.

Gearhead_Garage

Jedi Hopeful
I'm a fan of Jay's internet show but I thought the first CNBC show was everything Jay said he didn't like about car shows. Too many personalities, product placement, and puff pieces. Not enough cool cars.

The Ferrari engined Firebird was a sad display of GM's Bill Mitchell's sad little Caligula complex.
The Leno/Allen burnout contest was totally lame.
Leno in a training dragster - whoopie.
Jimmy Johnson's restomod Corvette - nice but is that the best you can do with unlimited parts and budget?
Wellborn and Osborne added some class.
The show was finally redeemed by the GT350s, old and new. Love the sound of that flat plane crank.

Maybe we will see more of Jay's cars in later shows but I doubt it. On the internet, Jay just has to please himself. On TV, he has to please sponsors.

Country flag
I'm a fan of Jay's internet show but I thought the first CNBC show was everything Jay said he didn't like about car shows. Too many personalities, product placement, and puff pieces. Not enough cool cars.

The Ferrari engined Firebird was a sad display of GM's Bill Mitchell's sad little Caligula complex.
The Leno/Allen burnout contest was totally lame.
Leno in a training dragster - whoopie.
Jimmy Johnson's restomod Corvette - nice but is that the best you can do with unlimited parts and budget?
Wellborn and Osborne added some class.
The show was finally redeemed by the GT350s, old and new. Love the sound of that flat plane crank.

Maybe we will see more of Jay's cars in later shows but I doubt it. On the internet, Jay just has to please himself. On TV, he has to please sponsors.

I echo your impression exactly**, but you put it into words better than I could, so I didn't reply; Momma always said, "if you can't say anything nice...!" LOL!

**"exactly": an overused word in Jay's__formerly, nightly__monolog

Don't get me wrong, I love Jay Leno, but the total__every kind of car__enthusiast Leno, rather than the stage persona. Tim Allen, I can take or leave, and I know he's a gearhead too (even featured a 3000 MKIII in what was for me, a lifetime ago, episode of Tool Time) but I can't relate to him in the same way as Leno.

As cool as it would be to Be Leno, I would be just as content to merely work for him in the garage...

AN6-TX

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
The Tool Time Healey was Jill's car that the toolman was restoring, if I remember correctly. It made multiple appearances towards the end of the show and was driven (I think) at least once...