• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

General MG It's A Shame, Lack Of MG Posts

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
It's a shame that there are very few posts in the MG forum. Almost non existent in the T series, only one or two people ever post in that area. There's a ton of MGBs out there and hardly any posts on them either like it used to be. Many are being restored, but hardly any post on the restorations. 10 years ago the MG forum was very active, seems like today interest on the subject has been lost by many. To busy to post something about your car now and then, that's no excuse! I enjoy reading about MGs, all models and work being done on them. Let's hear more about your MGs and keep this subject alive! :encouragement: PJ

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
Paul,
Im guilty! I finished my MGB and finally took my Bugeye to the body shop to be painted a couple of weeks ago, drove it a little bit and put about 100 miles on the odo. Since then my wife and I have been on the road and we are currently at the beach for a week or so. Once we get home Ill start posting more and I'm sure I'll have more questions to pose to the group.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 47

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I lurk here.

We've heard that about you... :jester:

This has been an ongoing issue; we've (Basil and the moderators) tossed around ideas as to how to generate more activity, but never really came up with anything substantial. Guess it's one of those "It is what it is" things. I'm just thankful to have the online community.

By the way, I'll be heading to the British V8 gathering in Indianapolis this coming week and will post what's going on there. If anyone in the area wants to check it out, we'll be at the Clarion Waterfront Hotel Wednesday through Saturday.

:cheers:
Mickey

We've heard that about you... :jester:

This has been an ongoing issue; we've (Basil and the moderators) tossed around ideas as to how to generate more activity, but never really came up with anything substantial. Guess it's one of those "It is what it is" things. I'm just thankful to have the online community.

By the way, I'll be heading to the British V8 gathering in Indianapolis this coming week and will post what's going on there. If anyone in the area wants to check it out, we'll be at the Clarion Waterfront Hotel Wednesday through Saturday.

:cheers:
Mickey

Yup.....I have received 70 registrations....gonna be a GREAT event!

attachment.php

Attachments

• BritishV82015 v3.jpg
    BritishV82015 v3.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 169

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
"Conversions"?!?! BLASPHEMY!!! :devilgrin:

You boyz have fun!

The forum seems to slow down seasonally. Summer has a lot of folks "playin' outside th' yard."

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Not to hijack this thread any further, and before the event, I want to thank Rick and the other two ~stooges~ for putting this together. This is a great group of enthusiasts who are quick to share info and help neophytes (like me!) work through the intricacies of shoe-horning new horsepower into LBC's. And I can't begin to tell you in typed words what an MGB with double the horsepower (and in some cases even more) of stock feels like! Not to mention the fact that weight is not adversely affected; in some cases it's even better, including the distribution.

Anyway, I'll be checking in with pictures and stories as the week progresses. This will be the first road trip for my GT; quite a shakedown, to be sure!

I'll start a new thread when we hit the road tomorrow morning.

Country flag
I may post some here. I just left a guys house in Huntsville. He has a 57 MGA in pieces, sitting since the 80's. Sheetmetal is pretty good. Will post if I get it.

marv

We've arrived in Indianapolis....the Roadmaster ran well....19mpg....luggage car time trials today (I was the only entrant)...I'm on the pole!

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Roadmaster by a Nose.jpg
    Roadmaster by a Nose.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 121
  • Time Trials - Cart Racing.jpg
    Time Trials - Cart Racing.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 125

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I may post some here. I just left a guys house in Huntsville. He has a 57 MGA in pieces, sitting since the 80's. Sheetmetal is pretty good. Will post if I get it.

marv

Looking forward to it!

Sarastro

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
In the other forum areas, most of the posts are technical questions and requests for help with puzzling problems. I guess most of us MG guys can figure it all out ourselves, or just don't have a lot of technical troubles. Must be that MGs are more reliable than all the rest, ha, ha!

I tend to answer more than ask, so if no one posts a question that I can answer, I'm not likely to post anything. My TD is running fine, so I don't have any problems to ask for help with. I guess that's good for me, but not so much for the forum.

Sopwith_Camel

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I mainly post in Spridgets. but I have been lurking all summer in the jaguar section....since that was the car on fire.
but i will be doing a RHD to LHD next summer on the B so more posts here.
steve

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
The volume of posts varies with season, methinks. Winter is usually the "annual winter tear-down" season in my experience. Used to sit in th' living room polishing various parts or fiddling with one gizmo or another. If the weather is nicer, folks are out in it.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Yeah I guess your right Doc. But I like this excuse better- (They are just so reliable that nothing needs sorting.
Cheers from rainy Southampton, UK! )!
:encouragement: PJ

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
WOW D!!! Hope you're enjoying the time there.

Grantura_MKI

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
WOW D!!! Hope you're enjoying the time there.
Yes, old boy. On my yearly journey to find those elusive bits of rare kit.
has been a good one thus far. Tea tomorrow night with many mates in an old pub.
will have a have a few pints and enjoy a TVR meeting at Gaydon...finger crossed for a clear day.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Good for you! :thumbsup: