• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Isn't This Dishonest?

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
As well as illegal?Seller has a rubber bumper Midget registered as a '72.
I think that Bringatrailer would delete the listing,or at least the seller would.
Of course,BaT list lots of expensive cars that are illegally registered in Montana,
so that the owners can avoid paying sales tax & their state of residence registration.
Whatever happened to honesty,& doing the "right thing"?www.bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-mg-midget-12/

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Doesn't seem like the seller is entirely dishonest - could be clearer no doubt but does say it identifies it as a '72 - doesn't ever say it is a '72. I think we have all run onto both situations, where the registration is funky and legit and where the registration is funky and dishonest. Buyer beware.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
As they say "buyer beware"... many cars are posted or even registered with incorrect dates. They ad is clever in stating something like "identified in California as a '72" (which is only reporting how it was registered).

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
Seller provides the information, BAT writes the copy. The beauty of BAT is the history and mystery of the cars are generally all revealed in the comments, as they are here. Indeed I usually breeze through the description and spend more time reading the comments.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Seller provides the information, BAT writes the copy. The beauty of BAT is the history and mystery of the cars are generally all revealed in the comments, as they are here. Indeed I usually breeze through the description and spend more time reading the comments.
Agreed. There's nothing quite like the comments section at BAT.

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
The April issue of Healey Marque will include my Auction Report column that mentions the number of big Healey and Sprites on BaT whose IDs don't match the car. With chassis plates held on by two screws and with many cars not having stamped in ID numbers, it's not hard to do. I'd be really concerned about buying that Midget and trying to register it in Cali. The seller has basically told potential buyers that the car was titled to avoid emissions, something Cali takes seriously. Pretty tough telling a judge "I didn't know" when the assistant district attorney whips out the copy of comments from BaT

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Trust everyone, just don't trust the evil inside them! ( Italian Job ).