• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Is your GPS up to date?

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Hello Randall

My Garmin Express is version 6.13.1.0 and it claims to be up to date.

David
Looks like Garmin has already covered all the other things I can think of to try:
https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?f...68768&tab=topics&topicTag=region_installsetup

BTW, on the last Garmin we had, the cable did go bad from the wires apparently breaking internally. Intermittent as all heck. Had to finish the trip with the cable tied into a loop with surgical tape :smile: It was old anyway, and the wife had already bought a car with GPS in the dash, so I think she gave the Garmin to someone else (with instructions to buy a new cable).

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I have been down all the windows/garmin rabbit holes. I know the cable works because the Windows desktop detects the garmin. Only problem there is disk space. I need 8 gig I think to do the update even if I check download to device only.

As the D drive has room I will try to adjust the C and D partitions.

David

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I have moved some files around but I do not think I can get enough space that way. Time for a bigger drive.

On the HD thread I asked for suggestions on migrating to a bigger drive without having to reinstall Win 7 pro.

David

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Quickest and easiest is just an external USB hard drive. No changes to your existing configuration, don't even open the case. Just plug it in, do your thing, then unplug it.
Makes a reasonable backup method too.

Of course there are disadvantages, in particular its usually quite a bit slower than an internal SATA drive. But it is quick and easy to install. And fairly foolproof, too :smile:

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hello Randall
Thank you.

I was hoping to go to a larger drive so I can get more room for C and D. Possible a SSD for C. and leave D as it is.

David