• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Internet source for grade 8 bolts?

ichthos

Darth Vader
Country flag
I am in need of two 9/16-18, 4 1/2" bolts, and four 1/2-20, 2 3/4 bolts for my suspension. I need them with the zinc chromate (ylellow zinc)coating. I have not found anyone locat that sells these. I can find them on the internet, but I just can't find a company that will let me buy less than a whole box. Does anyone have someone they deal with on the internet that will sell these small quantities?

Thanks, Kevin

liljohnTR250

You are going to have a hard time finding them and when you do they will be expensive..........

Try a actual bolt store or farm store......(home depot, Lowes and places like this will not carry them) If you have a Fastenal store near you they can order them for you for sure. Either way who ever can get them will have to order them.

Had this prob when I broke a tortion bolt on my toyota pick up few years back

Best of luck to you

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Here in South Carlina, True Value hardware sells grade 8 bolts. We have one True Value "A" store at Myrtle Beach that has thousands of bolts and screws of all kinds, all threads, including polished chrome and stainless. Try a True Value in your area if you have them. You might luck out. PJ

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Kevin- Fasenal is probably semi close to you. I can get them at McClendon's in Seattle or McMasters will have them. Would probably get to you by Tuesday or Wed.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Hi Pail, Just curious can you get to Myrtle Beach Now!--Keoke

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
"Box" quantity of those sizes is only 5 @ MMC. Your money of course, but hardly seems worth worrying about to me. Used to be that they would break a box for an extra charge, but you had to call and order by phone. Don't know if they will still do that or not.

If you're willing to pay for overnight+Sat delivery, you can have them tomorrow.
https://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/115/3102/=1l4v3s

PS, or you could drive to Atlanta.
6100 Fulton Industrial Blvd. SW
Atlanta, GA 30336-2853

Will Call Hours
Monday - Friday 7:45 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am - 1:15 pm

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
I just looked, McMasters has both of those sizes in packages of 5 pcs.

Part# 91257A792 for the 9/16"-18
Part# 91257A744 for the 1/2"-20

OP
I

ichthos

Darth Vader
Country flag
Thanksn for the informations everyone. Those are the last parts I needed to finish my suspension rebuild.

Kevin

liljohnTR250

PAUL161 said:
Here in South Carlina, True Value hardware sells grade 8 bolts.

Here in Florida where I live there's a place called Lin Greens hardware. They can get you anything with out having to buy bulk amounts. But Fastenal in more spread out around the country

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Keoke said:
Hi Pail, Just curious can you get to Myrtle Beach Now!--Keoke

Yes we can, but were staying away. Three major highways were shut down including some secondary roads to make way for fire equipment and visibility problems due to smoke. Two major roads, Rt 9 & Rt 501 were not shut down, but the traffic on those highways was horrendous. We live 15 miles from the western most point of the fire and due to a wind shift and the cooler air pushing the smoke to the ground, yesterday morning we couldn't see over 50 feet from our house. Close to 70 homes were destroyed and approx. 150 were damaged. No loss of life and very few minor injuries, thank God. As of this morning, there's about a dozen hot spots still burning. The firefighters here deserve all the credit they can get. These guys are working 24 to 36 hours straight without a break! Talk about dedication! They are heroes in many residents eyes and most of them are volunteers who receive no pay. Super people!
happy0034-1.gif