• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Insurance....Another rant

OP
R6MGS

R6MGS

Yoda
I am not trying to 'hide' a car exactly.....Just moving one car from being a main driver to a specialy car(kinda like classic insurance)....So even if they know I have it,it doesn't effect my main drivers.

Dave Richards

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Was $6,500 the quote for just the S-10? We pay about $2,500 for a teenage boy as primary driver (we've had 3 so far) and I thought that was outrageous. $6,500 is insane!

KLUTZ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
I am not trying to 'hide' a car exactly.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that, you know that...... But....
I always like my Ins. when I take the TR7 off in the fall, and this year with the MG. Monthly payment drops $140.00 per month. Our Daughter was $1700.00 per year as Principal driver on the Triumph without collision.

Paul

OP
R6MGS

R6MGS

Yoda
Yes, the $6500 was just the S10....Caddy and Jag about $1000 a year on top of that....But I am going to move the Jag to the classic plan so it will only be a few hundred bucks after that. And with my son as secondary on the S10 it will be somewhere around $2000 for that only....Which isn't all that bad.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
$6500 CDN - isn't that like about $150 USD?
Sorry - couldn't resist!

- Doug

Dave Richards

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Thanks to the gurus at the Fed, it's about $1cdn to $.86US. Does anyone remember Ross Perot asking "What's that giant sucking sound?"

Dave Richards

Jedi Knight
Country flag
That quote for $2,000CDN, is pretty reasonable compared to our upstate NY rates. Not that they're great, it's still too expensive, but it's the going rate...it's about $2,500 for boys and $1,700 for girls.

OP
R6MGS

R6MGS

Yoda
yeah, I figure I'll end up paying the $2-2.5k once I get the other car moved to collectors insurance and my son on the truck as secondary.....Instead of wasting time playing with insurance now I think I'll buy the truck and then start sorting the insurance. A few good trucks have finally hit the market so now seams like a good time. I am still debating whether it's better to buy an older truck(98-99) with higher mileage(100k) or a newer(01-02) one with less mileage...The price difference between the two options is a considerable amount(roughly $4-5k+), and the only real difference is age and mileage-they're identical trucks otherwise.

William

Darth Vader
The "one primary driver per vehicle" thing seems pretty standard. We had the same thing when I got my license- Mum and Dad had their own cars, I had my own car, so we had to have one primary per car, and one of us couldn't be the primary on two of them. Same thing when Kid Sister got her license and had the use of her own car. Which didn't make much sense as in both cases neither myself of Sister were registered owners of said vehicles. While I understood the logic behind this policy (after all, I was likely to be the only one driving my car most of the time) I also thought it was a bit of a ripoff, a way of guaranteeing slapping you with the "new driver" rates.

-Wm.

OP
R6MGS

R6MGS

Yoda
Yeah...I smell ripoff...I'll post and let everyone know how things go when I get the Jag moved over to collectors insurance...That will leave only 2 full time cars and 3 drivers....Lets see them pull another ripoff now