• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

In five days

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Just checked... 33,000/1,100,000... now a full 3%. :p

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
I have only been on since 2002, but enjoyed it very much. My habit is to read new posts each morning. I learn a lot about our cars from this website. Thanks for starting our shared mechanical skills.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Just checked... 33,000/1,100,000... now a full 3%. :p

there could be a 'percentage' correlation either quantity or content. just saying.

Cerveza_corona.jpg

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
certainly if we get to 4.5% we will know :grin:

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
I have only been on since 2002, but enjoyed it very much. My habit is to read new posts each morning. I learn a lot about our cars from this website. Thanks for starting our shared mechanical skills.

"Only?" That's over 17 years! I'd count you as one of the older heads who is still around on a semi-regular basis. Do you remember how you found the forum?

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
I was searching for restoration information for a Triumph TR3. Then moved to information for a Austin Healey. Then for another TR3, mini, and Morris 8. I did not get much info on the Morris 8 but finished that car and am working on another Austin Healey now. Web searches directed to the British Car Forum in the old days. Your forum allowed pictures which help a lot in restorations.
I have sent a lot of friends links to your website also. Some become members. Our local car club has about 140 members. Most don't use the web well enough to get answers to their questions. Some don't even own a computer. That seems amazing to me. The fun in this hobby is sometimes doing research on what you need to know.

I have enjoyed your restricting your website to information and playful banter. I have left other forums when the posters just get mean. BCF has occasionally had some know it all people but they often don't last.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Happy Birthday, BCF!

certainly if we get to 4.5% we will know :grin:

If that happens I'll likely start posting old show tunes... just a 'heads-up'. :smirk:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Happy Birthday, BCF!

If that happens I'll likely start posting old show tunes... just a 'heads-up'. :smirk:
Please, please I beg you not to :scared:

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Thanks, Basil, congrats.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Well, as long as were bringing Ethel Merman into it...

I'd never seen my dad laugh as hard as he did on seeing that movie. With the tollbooth scene he had tears rolling down his cheeks. Fond memories!

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
To me, the greatest scene is the destruction of the ENTIRE gas-station (by Jonathan Winters). I know a guy that looks JUST like him.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I think one of the funniest scenes was at the very beginning of the movie where Jimmy Durante โ€œkicks the bucketโ€

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Love that opening. :highly_amused:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
"Th' big Doublya".

No comedic flick could surpass it.