• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I'm sure this is how Donald would have developed the Bugeye...

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Interesting that it's titled as a 60, as that's a later tub. A bitsa for sure.

Still, while it's not my thing I bet it's a hoot. Quite possibly deadly too. :smile:

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I figured you would. It'd be a blast in a straight line, that's for sure. Might not even kill you.

G

It's a human fly swatter; you punch it and it'll swing over back'ards and smash ya flat. :playful:

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
While it's not my taste in Spridget modifications, the wonderful thing about Spridgets are that they are still numerous enough that we can have incredibly wild modifications like this and no one will lament that a presumably original car got cut-up to make the creation.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
A. Looks like the love child of a Bugeye & a Triumph Herald.

B. Healey would only have designed that car if he had had a torrid affair with Elvira, Mistress of the Dark!

anarchy99

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
there is a very good reason the car is for sale. the only purpose in life for that vehicle is conversation.

I totally disagree... I own something very very similar and it's more than conversation, I loved driving with a blower through the hood of my little sprite, it was just too much. There are days I wish I would have kept it through the hood... And I daily drove it, here once the ice melts mine will be daily driven again, though under a boss 429 scoop... If I could take you for a ride in mine, that was around 450 hp at the wheels with 6 lbs of boost, you would compare every car after that ride... to that ride. I'm fighting the urge to put the 406 on the engine stand into the sprite now...

its probably for for sale because it's not someone's cup of tea or they are too old to mess with it.

mightymidget

Jedi Knight
I totally disagree... I own something very very similar and it's more than conversation, I loved driving with a blower through the hood of my little sprite, it was just too much. There are days I wish I would have kept it through the hood... And I daily drove it, here once the ice melts mine will be daily driven again, though under a boss 429 scoop... If I could take you for a ride in mine, that was around 450 hp at the wheels with 6 lbs of boost, you would compare every car after that ride... to that ride. I'm fighting the urge to put the 406 on the engine stand into the sprite now...

its probably for for sale because it's not someone's cup of tea or they are too old to mess with it.

I had a bug eye with stock 289 C4 set up which would be mild compared to this or yours, Your last sentence sums it up pretty well, I too old for that type of car so sold it. Oh to be young again