• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I'm new.

RobXK120

Freshman Member
Country flag
Ditto, Paul. Welcome from Sydney - not to be confused with Halifax NS which is 16,809 km North East. I’ve twice bought cars completely in pieces: an SP250 (didn’t put it together, the “one night stand that went awfully wrong” just couldn’t love it’s ugly face!), and a XK 150 (didn’t put it together, lost workshop when Father passed away) and one motorbike; a Vincent Black Shadow. (Imported from England, put completely together: my best restoration ever - bought for (AUD) $7000, finished for $12,000, sold to buy family car for $22,500, (1995) saw one sold this year for $800,000!!). However, I’ve also taken two cars completely to pieces and put them back together: a TR2 and a Daimler 2.5 V8. But now, without workshop and getting on, buy them complete and tinker; my XK 120, (2006-2013), Jaguar 340 (2013-2019) and now my Austin Healey 3000 (2019 to ??). As you can see, I’ve been a Jaguar man most of my car life, and am feeling a bit of a cad and deserter! But intend to return to the fold when SWMBO lets me buy a Mkii.
Suggest 123 Ignition built into Lucas distributor from 123ignitions-conversions.com (Hebels) - makes the six sing! And Dynalite (RAC006 I think) Lucas Dynamo look alike alternator If you haven’t already. Rob.