• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I'm going to enjoy my new Hasselblad

YakkoWarner

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I have used a couple of threaded manual lens to Canon EF adaptors with reasonably good results - allows me to use my 600mm prime telecope-on-a-lens-mount monster and a really gorgeous 1950's era Soviet 133mm prime (not coated so you have to watch the lighting but it is a fantastic lens).

Canon EOS film bodies also used the Canon EF lenses, so those interchanged. The smaller sensor Canon DSLRs can mount an EF-S lens which protrudes further into the camera body than an EF lens and could interfere with the mirror if mounted on a full frame or film body.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
My old Canon lenses are FL's - 35, 50 and 100 mm. They won't fit on any Canon DSLRs. I'll say this for Nikon. Except for their mirrorless cameras, they all use the same mount.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I humped a bagfull of Nikon mount prime glass for years. ~Almost~ pulled th' trigger on a D7500 body this month, decided a GoPro might be a better choice. Still on the fence.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag