Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Had an interesting thing happen the other day. I'm driving down the street and all of the sudden BOOM! .long story short, my ignition cut out then reconnected.I've since pulled and cleaned the switch, but should I replace it?
I'd give it another chance, but it's kind of up to you & your pocketbook. Mine lasted another 20 years and was still working fine when the car got wrecked (but I think it was a TR4 switch rather than 4A).
I had the same thing happen with my TR3. A wire at the switch was making poor contact.
A late night drive home with a friend following me in his Healey, travelling down a long hill. He got quite a light show and a heck of a scare when it lit off. I got a slightly louder exhaust....gotta love mechanical fuel pumps!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.