Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Like the title says. I'm looking for plans to make brackets for the front an rear of my midget. I'm goj to use heavy duty engine stands for the base . Just looking for a design to fabricate for the mounting brackets. It can't be that hard... I'm just being lazy... Lol
If you don't need to have the body sitting at a particular angle you could do like I did and make use of the the plans on Gerard's web site. This is a way to have the car upside down or on its side.
You make a good point Nelson, these cars are light enough that many different things will do including a mattress or some old tires to put it on its side. BTW not to hijack the thread but I hadn't seen those pics before - I didn't realize how big a job that restoration was - amazing! and all the more so for how beautiful it is now.
300 pounds less doors hood & trunk. Two of us carried it onto the trailer to be media blasted. And, I put it on the rotisserie myself one end at a time.
Yeah. Not mine, btw, I an just a link hoarder. What I like is you can raise it and put the car on saw horses to remove the end supports for spot work in this areas, then reattach, raise, remove saw horses and lower to rotation. Pretty cool. I was planning the dual engine mount set-up but this wooden one looks more versatile.
Hi folks. I am new to midgets and really appreciate the mind share here. Can you elaborate on the actual attachment to the car, front and back. Thanks!!
Hi folks. I am new to midgets and really appreciate the mind share here. Can you elaborate on the actual attachment to the car, front and back. Thanks!!
I used 2 cheap HF engine stands and mounted one to a 2x6 bolted to the rear and one bolted to a steel plate attached to the radiator uprights. I used a piece of conduit to hold the bases together, but a piece of 1x2 will work just as well. I also mounted HF rubber tires on the engine stands so it would be mobile and delivered it to my painter that way.
Rut
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.