• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I met my goal, well almost....

Rob Glasgow

Jedi Knight
Country flag
When I started my restoration 18 months ago, I set a goal to enter my car in the local car show this year. The show was Saturday and I entered my car, well most of it. Since I was able to drive it onto the field under it's own power, I will give myself a check mark. I was surprised and please by the interest the crowd showed in seeing a half finished car. But compared to the hundred or so finished vehicles, it really stood out and I had a lot of lookers and questions. The car was interesting enough to make it into the local newspaper this morning. The second shot shows my friend Ken who works at Moss Motors taking photos of various parts of the car. He says sometimes people call wanting information about the Healey chassis and often times the photos they have don't show the detail. He asked if he could take some shots to add to their photo library.
This was the first show I have ever entered and was quite pleased. Lots of interesting folks and great car stories. Can't wait till next year to take ALL of the car back to the show.

Attachments

• IMG_5476.jpg
    IMG_5476.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_5475.jpg
    IMG_5475.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 132

AN6-TX

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Well done!! The car looks great - I'm looking forward to seeing the final iteration...

DerekJ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Its looking great.

I have just had the shroud and wings off my car following my crash. Bolting the wings on can be incredibly fiddly and time consuming. After much frustration I finally bolted the left wing to the shroud when it was off the car and put both pieces on together. I left the bolts under the headlights undone to give more manoeuvrability. When in place, the final two bolts under the dashboard can be fitted. The right wing is still being repaired but I imagine I could have fitted the shroud with both wings attached, with a little help from some friends. Has anybody else tried this I wonder?

pan

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Well done Rob! I wonder how many other cars can be driven in this state? Not Sprites, nor MGs that I know of.
Jaguars? Triumphs?

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I'm
glad you said almost!!.
Cuz you put the steering wheel on the wrong side.:friendly_wink:

Otherwise it looks GREAT.-:applause:

OP
Rob Glasgow

Rob Glasgow

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Derek, Thanks for the suggestion about mounting the shroud with fenders attached. I can understand that if you only inserted the bolts across the top of the fenders (loosely) and left the ones below the headlights off, then two or three people should be able to spread the bottom of the fenders wide enough to side the whole assembly on the car. I wonder if they did it this way at the factory. I am constantly amazed at how difficult it is to put in some of the bolts. Right before the show, I put the air cleaners on and the rear bolt on the rear air cleaner was a real bear.