• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I hate to generalize but...

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
...it seems like the people who drive the 6 cylinder version of late model American performance cars (Mustang, Camaro, Challenger), are some of the biggest jerks on the road. It's like they are trying to prove that even though their car isn't the top performing model, they have to drive like it is.

Most knowledgeable car guys are aware that most of our LBCs are not going to win any street races. I once had a '72 Chevelle owner with a very built up V-8 jokingly offering to race me. I responded to him equally jokingly that I would, but each of us could only have a 1/2 gallon of gas in the car. He probably wouldn't make it off the line. However, I've had guys in late model 6 cylinder Mustangs and Camaros rev their motors at me. Seriously?

Like I said, I hate to generalize, but it's happened often enough that it doesn't seem to be a random event.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
As Mark Twain wrote, "All generalizations are false - including this one."

(I could make several about drivers of lifted pickups with loud exhausts and flames out the exhaust pipes ...)

Basil

Administrator
Boss
(I could make several about drivers of lifted pickups with loud exhausts and flames out the exhaust pipes ...)
One could (and I'm sure many people do) generalize about old geezers like us who continue to drive cars from our yute!

what-is-a-yute_orig.jpg

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
One could (and I'm sure many people do) generalize about old geezers like us who continue to drive cars from our yute!

what-is-a-yute_orig.jpg
LOL. I remember that movie! Really funny, as long as you could get past some of the languages. His girlfriend sure knew her cars. Of course, I was in my yute at the time!

gonzo

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
There's a popular drive - section of two lane road - about a 1 mile from where we live that attracts many type of performance vehicles. Ferraris and Lambos by the score - I counted 50+ colorful Lambos in a row passing by one day - all with modified exhaust systems. Many decibels and months later the city posted its noise ordinance and backed it with patrol cars. Citations issued. Now it's quiet again. A Healey 3000 with glass packs is hushed in comparison.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
There's a popular drive - section of two lane road - about a 1 mile from where we live that attracts many type of performance vehicles. Ferraris and Lambos by the score - I counted 50+ colorful Lambos in a row passing by one day - all with modified exhaust systems. Many decibels and months later the city posted its noise ordinance and backed it with patrol cars. Citations issued. Now it's quiet again. A Healey 3000 with glass packs is hushed in comparison.
How dare you bring this thread back on topic! :cheers:

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
When returning from a nice drive in the Midget,I was coming down
Bent Mountain (Highway 221),when I spied a Lamborghini & a couple of
newer Porsches (911s) heading towards the mountain.I was half -expecting
to see a fire engine going code three soon after that,but didn't.I got stuck
behind a generic car with a student driver going under the speed limit.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Those "Apes and Retards" on Reddit Wallstreetbets all want to buy "Lambos" after their GME stock goes "to the moon!" I saw one the other day. So low I don't think I could get it out of my driveway. Admission - On a flier, I bought 200 shares of Nokia at 4. Up a point so far. Company has been around for a long time.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Paul... Nvidia.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
EVEN if I was a drug dealer,I'd still loose money.