• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I had to laugh lest I cry

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
The pump I ordered was supposed to be here two days ago, then it was going to be yesterday. Here it is a week later and I'm still waiting on a Saturday for the replacement pump. Oh well, I did manage to get four new drum shocks (the originals were not completely bad but noticably less stuff than the new ones). Three out of four of the new shocks wehn in easy, but of course there's always that ONE! Right rear shock I could not get the end of the thing to go into the slot on the drum so I could "twist" 90 degrees to lock it in. After a few choice words and scrapped knuckles, I finally realized that the only possible solution was to take a Dremmel to part of the plastic fitting to widen it a bit. That finally worked.

Now I'm just sitting here waiting for the pump to be delivered. I'm hoping it is soon - we have a week's worth or laundry to catch up on.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
SUCCESS!! Got the new (used) pump in and the washer runs like new - bearings are a quiet as the day we bought the machine!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
great news! and clean underwear is a bonus! :grin:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
SUCCESS!! Got the new (used) pump in and the washer runs like new - bearings are a quiet as the day we bought the machine!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
forwards, backwards, inside-out forwards... :cool:

when I was growing up my mother bought 7 packs - Monday Tuesday Wednesday....

when I went to university I bought 12 packs - January February March .....

:grin:

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
when I was growing up my mother bought 7 packs - Monday Tuesday Wednesday....

when I went to university I bought 12 packs - January February March .....

:grin:

When I retire I bought a dozen pair...1997, 1998, 1999....:chair:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
When I retire I bought a dozen pair...1997, 1998, 1999....:chair:

Must be about time to renew the subscription? You're 13 years into overtime! First dozen oughta be "See Thru" by now...

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
There’s always the option of going commando :scared: