regularman
Yoda
Offline
I got this for $100 and just went through it all and got it installed today. There is probably not much wrong with the stromberg but this is the carb I know.
Hey Guest!
Much worse than the single SU in a mini IMHO. I don't have the time or I could have made it work. It has many similarities to a motorcycle carb and most likely could be tuned in to be a sweet carb. I am just not familiar with it and don't have the parts or time.JPSmit said:Good purchase and FWIW I think there's lots wrong with the Stromberg. (runs and hides)
regularman said:Much worse than the single SU in a mini IMHO. I don't have the time or I could have made it work. It has many similarities to a motorcycle carb and most likely could be tuned in to be a sweet carb. I am just not familiar with it and don't have the parts or time.JPSmit said:Good purchase and FWIW I think there's lots wrong with the Stromberg. (runs and hides)
I feel like its the Devil I know Hap. Those and Keihin motorcycle carbs. I have lots of jets and time with those and feel I can muddle through with problems with them.Hap Waldrop said:Before I opened this thread, I was going to say, "what threw it away", I guess I wasn't too far off the mark. Kim I'm sure you will be right at home with the downdraft
![]()