I need to replace the door hinges since 1. some DPO welded them IN THE WRONG POSITION and 2. they are just worn out.
What I discovered is that in addition to welding the hinge to the body the @#$%^ jammed M8 screws into the 5/16 unf holes. Now the threaded bit on a Herald is a captive steel plate. It moves around for alignment but no real way to take it out.
I can think of two option. 1. rethread to 5/16 using Timeserts, which is probably the best, but since the plate is hidden in the A pillar not the easiest or 2. properly tap the holes for M8 bolts and be done with it.
So, how would anyone here do it?
What I discovered is that in addition to welding the hinge to the body the @#$%^ jammed M8 screws into the 5/16 unf holes. Now the threaded bit on a Herald is a captive steel plate. It moves around for alignment but no real way to take it out.
I can think of two option. 1. rethread to 5/16 using Timeserts, which is probably the best, but since the plate is hidden in the A pillar not the easiest or 2. properly tap the holes for M8 bolts and be done with it.
So, how would anyone here do it?
Hey Guest!