tomshobby
Yoda
Offline
Hi Kurt,
They are amazing. I worked in an AMSA shop (Army Maintenance Support Activity) and we had a 3/4 and 1 inch sizes. Didn't take much pull on the handle but they were much more powerful than any impact.
I would think the smallest size set would be at least $1200 so it is a little much for a home shop. That is why I suggested renting one. But it might be worth checking with a Reserve Unit if they have any heavy equipment in their motor pool.
They are amazing. I worked in an AMSA shop (Army Maintenance Support Activity) and we had a 3/4 and 1 inch sizes. Didn't take much pull on the handle but they were much more powerful than any impact.
I would think the smallest size set would be at least $1200 so it is a little much for a home shop. That is why I suggested renting one. But it might be worth checking with a Reserve Unit if they have any heavy equipment in their motor pool.
Hey Guest!

Right. Lucas starters were purpose designed that way so as to not bend the body work or break your tool.
