Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Looking at seat options for Bugsy II. How much spare vinyl is needed for all of the panels and dash? Want to make sure seats and panels / dash are a match.
Jim, I think I got 2 yds and it was plenty. I bought the dash vinyl from a member here that was the Heritage brand, but used a vinyl with a less shiny look for everything. I cut new backer boards as well and I'm pleased with the outcome. Make sure you get good contact cement for everything...the hi temp spray only holds for a short while, but the roll on holds forever!
Rut
Jim, Weldwood/Dap Landau top contact adhesive is what the shops recommended to me. It's a high temp contact cement that you can roll or spray on. I did my research thru the hot rod forums and this is what the pros use.
Rut
What color are you doing, Jim? Rut sent me his black Heritage vinyl, but I've since found out that my Bugeye originally had a red interior and I'll be switching things to red eventually.
If I ever get around to restoring the ugly bug, I'm going to hire an upholstery guy to do the panels and seats so that I can get the exact color and vinyl style I want.
Go to the street rod shows and you can find out who does good work in the area.
Thanks looking for Red. Will go ahead and order from same source seat kit comes from so hopefully it will match. Right now AH spares looks to have the best price even with shipping and currency conversion.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.