• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

How many on BCF no longer own British cars?

bgbassplyr

Darth Vader
TRDejaVu said:
On a similar note, I wonder how many of the 12,626 forum members are active; maybe defined as posting more than say once a month?

Attempted thread theft. :laugh:

hilsideser

Jedi Warrior
count me in at 7. One is tagged and insured, the others are in varying stages of disrepair...

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
been w/o an LBC since '08. miss it. get the itch every now and then... started peeping interweb ads for 74.5 - 75 MGBs the other day...

V

vagt6

I sold my Triumph in '07 and didn't get another LBC for about a year and a half when I bought the current one in August '09.

It was a very loooooong year and a half and I missed that Triumph almost every day. I wish I'd never sold it. So, I spent that year and a half looking for just the right car, and I found it.

If anyone wants my current LBC, they'll have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands. :yesnod: :square: :lol:

hilsideser

Jedi Warrior
'at's the spirit, Mark!

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
After seeing the Top Gear episode where James May converted a Lotus Eclat into a "RV", I've taken a liking to that car. Were any of them ever brought into the states? What's the price range on them like? I tried looking form them on ebay but uhm... none are on there. Though, I've noticed that the Elises (111's) are popping up in large numbers now days...

B

Big6Mark

None running right now.

How do you count? Enough parts to make a running car? Valid titles? Or just body shells?

Then by above questions: 3 3/4 to 5; 4; 3; 4 3/4.

C Ya,
Mark

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
They were imported here, Rob, but they never really got popular. We serviced a few of 'em. No idea where they went tho.

I like the "traditional" driveline layout but to me the cars seem "stodgy" esthetically. <shrug>

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I did have four and now down to two. The show piece 72 which I gave to the wife and the TF restoration will take up the slack for the two Bs gone, in time and money!

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
DrEntropy said:
They were imported here, Rob, but they never really got popular. We serviced a few of 'em. No idea where they went tho.

I like the "traditional" driveline layout but to me the cars seem "stodgy" esthetically. <shrug>

At first I wasn't too fond of the bottom edge of the window lines, but the shape kind of makes me think of a 2+2 Esprit...

Did more digging, and did find a couple of them for sale in the states. looks to be in the 8 to 10k region for them.

I guess that'll have to go on the 'some day' shelf.

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
Brooklands said:
Depends if the 2009 Mini Cooper is considered British....

Even though the Mini Cooper brand is owned by BMW, they are assembled in the UK, so I would consider them British. :cheers:

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
The Eclat is like a TR7/8 - either people love the styling,
or hate it.There are a lot of bad ones/projects out there,but a few
sorted/decent ones.
I flew to LA once,to look at an Elite (newer one),what a dog!
And a friend of mine in Oregon bought one,but finally admitted defeat
& sold it.
I'm up to four British cars now - Anglia 105E,MGB GT,TR6,and a
'68 Cortina Deluxe.The Cortina will be for sale,& I'b be glad to sell
it to a non-British car owner to help bring the numbers up.

- Doug