• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

How is your driving weather?

bugedd

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I just got my replacement leafs to replace the cracked one and match up the other side. My plan was to get up early, ride my bike for a couple hours, and get to putting things back together. At 6am, it was 72 degrees out. Not a good sign. At the end of my ride at 9am we were getting close to 90 degrees. Currently its 97 and 105 in the garage. Guess I'm not working on the car for a bit, it's supposed to be more of this for at least the next week.
So it's officially too hot here for the bugeye. How's it in your area?

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Warm and muggy, but more like 85F so not too bad.

I took the Super 7 out on some rural back roads in northwest NJ today. Very nice actually.

Last week it rained harder than I can ever remember. We were driving home on Garden State Parkway and I slowed to 15-20 mph in our Accord (Mom wanted me to pull over). I found out later that one of the NY Giants was on the Parkway at the same time and totaled his car due to visibly.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
88 here now... so I don't think the afternoon drive is going to happen (even with margaritas at the end of it); supposed to get to 93, maybe 95. Very unusual for us in June.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag

CLEAH

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Over the weekend it was a bit warm in the low 80's, but mostly it has been mid '70's, sunny and perfect. One trade off for our mostly nasty winters here in Cleveland is that we tend to have gorgeous spring, summer and autumn weather...unless that changes, which is frequent here too!

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
Great yesterday and most of the day today. Thunderboomers started in the afternoon and are finally subsiding after 9 PM. Then it gets hot...but dry.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Rainy today and tomorrow and ....

but up till now cold - didn't get above 66 yesterday and was even cooler the day before

OP
bugedd

bugedd

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I'll take 66. I spent 10 minutes in the garage and needed a shower.

nomad

Yoda
Summer's coming!:cool-new: I could stand to lose a few pounds and I guess sweating it off work's!

It is a little unusual to be this hot this early....90's tomorrow here in the mid-west.

Kurt.

59diamond

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Today, tuesday it is very cloudy as we are getting the tail end of hurricane Blanco. We might get a fewdrops of rain, but I am playing golf anyway.
The rest of the week will be about 75 each day. Now if I can just figure out excuses to drive my Bugeye. might drive my wife to the dentist tomorrow. The last time I went to the Dentist he spotted my Bugeye through the window and delayed his next patient while he came outside in the parking lot to check it out and discuss it with me.
I am taking the Bugeye to Mission Beach where the Roller Coaster is on fathers day for a car show. Both my daughters are tied up that day so I get to do anything I want.

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Not driving an LBC but a BMW 218d people mover in Tuscany ITaly the last 10 days. Roads and scenery incredible. Uphill and downhill turns and switchbacks one after the other. I've been of roads the make the Tail of the Dragon seem like a kiddy ride. Weather fabulous and sunny upper 70's to upper 80's absolutely clear skies. A fabulous trip of a lifetime organized by my wife. I fly home Sunday and Collen gets to stay another 2 weeks. My reward is is going back to work but getting Bugsy time in the evening while she is gone. Bugsy will go on the rotisserie, be pressure washed after getting rolled outside, done patch reinforcement completed, and hopefully some primer on the undersides and sanding on the top sides. Lots planned. Will miss being away from these fabulous roads, and my wife of course, but looking forward to some concentrated Bugsy time without "honey do" projects in the way. In the meantime more twisty turns raids to explore in the heart of wine country. Ciao��