• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

How do you access BCF?

How do you typically access the BCF forums?

• Total voters
OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
So far iPhone is in the lead. I hope all you iPhone (or android) users know you can put the BCF App on your phone for an easier experience (so you don't have to open Safari - just tap the App). Check it out: HERE

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I will plug the app really fast. I downloaded it not long after the new forum rolled out and it's made accessing the forum on my phone incredibly easy. It's intuitive and user friendly.

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
I occasionally use my phone for internet but not often (Android), I tried looking for the forum app and have had trouble finding it in Google Play

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
I tried looking for the forum app and have had trouble finding it in Google Play
The app is not in Google Play. You install it directly from the forum when you are here on your phone. Basil posted a video for this that he linked to in his post above.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
I just put the app on my phone (Galaxy S10) and it looks exactly like Chrome. When trying to get to the Photography forum, I have to turn the phone into landscape and press the right arrow twice to be able to click on the "Groups" menu. This is the same for Chrome or the app.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
I just put the app on my phone (Galaxy S10) and it looks exactly like Chrome. When trying to get to the Photography forum, I have to turn the phone into landscape and press the right arrow twice to be able to click on the "Groups" menu. This is the same for Chrome or the app.
Hmm not sure why

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Found the topic and just added the app to my phone... But I'm not known for doing much with my phone when I'm out of the house, and when I'm home use the desktop mostly... Yes, I still have a giant tower drive at home, and don't even own a laptop, haven't owned a laptop in many years...

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
just to clarify - I chose "other" because I use a Windows laptop, and always considered a PC a desktop.

Ancient Tom.
In hindsight I should have added Windows-based laptop as a separate category. I was thinking Windows-based "Personal Computer" would could be either Desktop or laptop - but I shoulda just made a separate category for laptop.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
I just noticed there is another way to get to the groups. The 3 lines on the left (the drop down menu), has groups on it as well. So I don't have to do the pivot>right button thing.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
I just noticed there is another way to get to the groups. The 3 lines on the left (the drop down menu), has groups on it as well. So I don't have to do the pivot>right button thing.
Oh sure, I assume you are accessing via a Smart phone in which case those little lines at upper left are how you pretty much access everything.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
I do both. I started exploring the new software on my Linux computer. After getting comfortable (ish) with that layout I didn't really look for an alternative method to get to the groups until by chance.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Bumping this for newbies to see. I'm not surprised that Windows PS is ahead, but I am surprised by how much. By t eh way, if any of you are Apple users (iMac, iPad, iPhone, etc) I have started a "Group" for Apple users so be sure to join!