Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
The book says to drill out the silver rivet in the pic. I can't get a good angle with my drill under it I keep breaking bits. Shall I take my sawzall to it?
Drill the top of the rivet down, using a bit larger than the rivet shank. Go slow, and when you get to steel stop drilling. the pin should be ready to be tapped out, again from the top.
I used a worn down cut-off wheel on my die grinder... sort of a high-powered version of what Randall said above except I was using an abrasive wheel instead of a burr. There is also less material to remove from below than above... and less evidence to look at if you make a mistake.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.