Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
ok I m tuning the carbs I have the carb tuning air flow thingy
what do i want the air flow thing to do???
do i want the air float to hover or drop or ......??
I'll quote myself
I'll take a stab at it.
I used one for the first time a couple weeks ago, prior to that I had used the "tube to the ear" method, I wasn't too far off with the tube according to the unisyn. You need to turn the middle round thing with the bumps on the perimeter to let more or less air flow through, you don't want it too "closed" so the carb is starved for air (and the red plastic pellet is way high) nor to you want it so open that the pellet is too low. I set mine so the pellet was on the lower third, then move the thing to the other carb and adjust the carb until the pellet is at the same place it was on the first carb.
Those guys hit on the basics, but it's a little more complicated than that since you want to make sure that the carbs are synced BOTH at idle and when the throttles open. There are quite a few SU tuning guides on the web. I like this one:
ok so I adjust the middle part that makes seance so get it to idol some hoe
then adjust the tool so the red bit floats then match to the other carboarator
ok so I adjust the middle part that makes seance so get it to idol some hoe
then adjust the tool so the red bit floats then match to the other carboarator
Not exactly sure what you just said but it appears you have a seance with an unemployed woman of ill repute to figure out what the problem is. Remarkably similar to my method.
ok so I adjust the middle part that makes seance so get it to idol some hoe
then adjust the tool so the red bit floats then match to the other carboarator
Not exactly sure what you just said but it appears you have a seance with an unemployed woman of ill repute to figure out what the problem is. Remarkably similar to my method.
fiddled it abit then really ran out the rear carb adjusting screw and she loped in to an idol both carbs were the same
and to day he started up from cold !!!!!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.