Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Can someone tell me what side of the horn brush goes toward the steering wheel and which side goes toward the surround? One side has a small hexagonal rod that moves up and down on the spring and the other is fixed. Thank you.
Kevin
I didn't even check to see how the horn brush goes in yet - I didn't realize you could put the horn bush in after installing the steering wheel. Thanks for the tip. Charlie, did you ever get your heater cable working OK? I finally have electricity, and the only thing not working is the heater switch. My cable repair worked great but I guess I get to pull it out and see what I did wrong with the switch itself.
Kevin
Charlie, you just saved me from some major pain. I repaired and painted my steering wheel, but didn't realize the PO had filled the horn brush hole and glued a washer to the inside. I was able to knock out the piece of plastic and remove the washer before I bolted on my newly painted steering wheel. I would have had to remove everything to get at these parts!
Thanks, Kevin
Hi Kevin,
A previous owner had already drilled and fitted a switch for the heater blower into the dash--so in the end I went back that way--I reinstalled the old heater cable without fixing the switch, and have the blower switched separately. I just figured taking the old cable/switch apart and trying to recondition it would only lead to more problems.
Glad I saved you a little work on your horn refurbishment--hope the rest goes well!
Charlie
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.