• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Honestly officer I was only following the sign

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
That's only 88 MPH :driving:I can see getting a speeding ticket, but impounding their car for 2 week? Yikes!

JHaydon

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Not sure the truth of that one. I heard that joke many years ago --

Cop pulls over a lady doing exactly 43 miles an hour on the freeway. "Why so slow? The speed limit here is 65, minimum speed of 45!"
"Oh, I saw the big '43' signs and thought... "
"No, that's the name of the highway, Interstate 43. Wait, what's wrong with your passenger? She's white as a ghost!"
"... maybe because we just merged on from Interstate 94?"

Country flag
That's only 88 MPH :driving:I can see getting a speeding ticket, but impounding their car for 2 week? Yikes!
He was just trying to get back to........ :D

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I did once do the opposite - was driving a friend's car and had it up to 85 MPH before I remembered the speedo read in miles. It is a real story though and yes, stunt driving

1679538572689.png

1679538637373.png

1679538672209.png

When I listen to the people racing up and down Lake Shore Blvd (our closest main street) and hear them driving with cut outs for the exhaust I am quite happy for the legislation.

Country flag
I did once do the opposite - was driving a friend's car and had it up to 85 MPH before I remembered the speedo read in miles. It is a real story though and yes, stunt driving

View attachment 87093

View attachment 87094

View attachment 87095

When I listen to the people racing up and down Lake Shore Blvd (our closest main street) and hear them driving with cut outs for the exhaust I am quite happy for the legislation.
Looks like the creators of this legislation have seen ALL the Fast and Furious movies. I can't begin to count the number of times I've seen drivers popping wheelies around here! ๐Ÿคช

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag

View attachment 87093

View attachment 87094

View attachment 87095

"Not only speeding ... add illegal or upgraded car modifications to increase performance with suspensions, style enhancements, or high-performance motors." I might be in trouble.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
"Not only speeding ... add illegal or upgraded car modifications to increase performance with suspensions, style enhancements, or high-performance motors." I might be in trouble.
I won't be driving my Vett to Canada any time soon! LOL