• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hillman

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Don't think I've ever seen one like this - cruise night tonight. Also attached the VW bus I saw two days ago and the Lambo from tonight - loved the license!

PS I think there are some cars you should not own if you aren't friendly. Some cars - muscle cars - if the owners are friendly it's a bonus, but you don't necessarily expect it. Isetta's on the other hand, you expect they should be friendly, comes as a shock when they aren't.

D

Deleted member 8987

Isetta owners, like FIATsco 500 and 600 owners, are beat half to death with the ride, noise, and overall concern that the silly things will keep running long enough to get there and get back home again.
What, you didn't know that was why they were so short and unfriendly?

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Love the vanity plate on the Lamborghini Espada... Too true...
grin.gif

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
TOC said:
Isetta owners, like FIATsco 500 and 600 owners, are beat half to death with the ride, noise, and overall concern that the silly things will keep running long enough to get there and get back home again.

Yeah, but it's not like they didn't know - it's like Lucas electrics. By now Lucas should be a surprise to no one - so at least grin a maniacal grin and pretend you're at the side of the highway for the view. :eeek:

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Sent a copy of the picture to a fellow club member who loves Hillmans - this the guy I bought the Vauxhall from. Turns out that he had owned it and actually was the one who restored it - It's a small (LBC) world after all.

Country flag
JPSmit said:
TOC said:

so at least grin a maniacal grin and pretend you're at the side of the highway for the view. :eeek:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This makes me want to keep a cheap digital camera in the LBCs. Put it in a clear plastic box with with a small hammer attached on a string. On the front it should say "Break glass in case of breakdown!"
grin.gif

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Yeah, love the "LIRA PIT" plates. :laugh:

Linda's Dad had a Hillman convertible just like that. We were just talking about it the other day.

I have a local ~Hillman Guru~ down the street. I see him at all the local car shows (normally driving a black Minx)

And I agree about attitudes on some car owners.
You know those stickers they give out that say: "Please Don't Touch"?

I always take a marker and make them look like this--> "Please <span style="text-decoration: line-through">Don't</span> Touch".