Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
For those of you with 1275 motors, twin SU carburetors and the original 4-speed transmission, what highway mileage are you getting at speeds between 55-65 mph?
I am guessing you either meen fuel consumption or RPM. Yesterday I was out on the Highway and speed was between 55 - 75 for two hours. I averaged 26 mpg. Car is stock 4 speed, twin sun with 20,000 miles on the engine. In 80 degrees car ran at right on N all day.
Allan
Mine has been on blocks for a little while now,but before I put it up, I was getting pretty consistent 24/26 mpg on daily commutes on I95 at speeds between 55 and 65! The best I ever got was 30 mpg!
Alan-Yes, I meant fuel consumption. Thanks everyone for your information. Two more questions. What kind of terrain were you driving in to get that kind of mileage, and are you running with a stock fuel tank(which I assume is about 6.5 gallon capacity)?
1275 dual SU's. 36 MPG average on the trip to LOTO last year. Blue highways with a 3.73 rear gear. Regular tank and stopped every 2 hrs for fuel and to get the kinks out.
Hi, not sure of the equation but I get approx 40-42mpg (UK Gallons though) on a good flat motorway run at 55-60 mph.
MG Metro head (cooper S sized valves), LCB header/sports exhaust/K&N filter/twin 1.25" SU's.
I never had SUs on mine but with the weber and 3.90 gear and 4 speed I got 36-38 mpg. With my 3.55 and 5 speed and 175/70/13 tires,I get in the low 40s but then 70 is only about 3100 rpms now in 5th. I set this car up for long trips and just cruising but the disappearing water problem is still holding me back on that.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.