• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hey There from Colorado!!

Dix77MGB

Freshman Member
Country flag
I just recently got back into the MG swing of things. I bought a low mileage 77 MGB convertible from an elderly neighbor who just wanted it out of his way since he hardly ever drove it. It has had a few improvements done to it prior to me buying it and I'm just trying to get things sorted and working again after it sat for so long. My first car as a 16 year old (1968/69) was a pretty sad 56 MGA. But I loved it and drove it like I stole it. That didn't last a year and it became a cheap parts car. Now that I'm older (a lot) and wiser (I hope) I'm looking forward to enjoying my retirement years and my MGB. One thing though. I grew a few inches taller since being 16 and getting into this MGB when the top is up is a little challenging. I might have to take up yoga to get back some of that old flexibility.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Welcome, Dix! I'm a couple years older ('68/'69 was my first year at LSU - GEAUX, TIGERS!), and I can surely relate to the flexibility issue. The MGB is a great choice, though; I've had a couple of them and thoroughly enjoyed 'em.

Glad to have you aboard!

Mickey

OP
D

Dix77MGB

Freshman Member
Country flag
Welcome, Dix! I'm a couple years older ('68/'69 was my first year at LSU - GEAUX, TIGERS!), and I can surely relate to the flexibility issue. The MGB is a great choice, though; I've had a couple of them and thoroughly enjoyed 'em.

Glad to have you aboard!

Mickey

Glad to have you aboard!

Mickey
Thx for the welcome. In my 69-70 school year (high school) I had a friend that moved to Colorado from Shreveport, LA and he kept going on and on about this kid who played basketball for LSU=Pistol Pete Maravich. I'm sure you probably saw him play since you were there when he was. Good old days for sure!

Last edited:

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Thx for the welcome. In my 69-70 school year (high school) I had a friend that moved to Colorado from Shreveport, LA and he kept going on and on about this kid who played basketball for LSU=Pistol Pete Maravich. I'm sure you probably saw him play since you were there when he was. Good old days for sure!
Yep - the LSU basketball stadium is named for him. His dad, Press, was coach there for several years.

And Shreveport is my home town!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Can't help it, mais non!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Welcome, Dix!

"Age and stage" can be a booger. Yoga ain't a bad idea! Mick and I are "Twin Sons of a Different Mother," same high school/college ('68/'69 freshman year), my first MGB and working on the "side" as a newspaper photog, for the local rag for my money.

And Pistol Pete was born in my neck-o-the-woods; Aliquippa, PA. Quite a few folks in sports and entertainment came from that area.