• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hey guys - lets use this forum to discuss the new forum software

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Rather than having questions and discussions about the new software all over the place, I created this forum to such discussions. This is also where I'll be dropping videos about various forum functionality.

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
(y)

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
The new software has a great look to it.

Will the section with articles make it over here or have I missed it? Not sure if that was what it was called in the old forum but it had a lot of info.

David

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Not sure if I asked this before but, is there a way of darkening the fonts or making them a darker color, black!? PJ

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
I may, later, implement different "styles" which would give you the option - just not there yet. At present there is no way to change colors of fonts for just an individual member.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Ok, thank you for the response.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
In the mean time, I don't know if this would help, but have you tried "zooming" in on the site in your browser?

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Hi Paul - in most browsers, you can change the font/text appearance. Probably in Settings of whatever browser you're using.

I just changed from Arial (default) to Bahnschrift, and found the BCF text much darker and easier to read. (Same for other web pages.)

Give it a shot - let us know if you hit any snags.
Tom M.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Hi Paul - in most browsers, you can change the font/text appearance. Probably in Settings of whatever browser you're using.

I just changed from Arial (default) to Bahnschrift, and found the BCF text much darker and easier to read. (Same for other web pages.)

Give it a shot - let us know if you hit any snags.
Tom M.
Thanks for the tip, Tom.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Basil tell us more about the listing about Reaction scores mine listed ( 4 ) Madflyer
When you "like" someone's post, you are reacting to their post. Notice when you hover your mouse over the "thumbs up" icon, you get a pop up with 7 options: Thumbs up (like), Love, Laugh, Wow, Sad, Angry and Thumbs down (dislike).

When someone selects a reaction emoji for your post, you either get a reaction point (first 3 emojis) or the reaction is neutral (next 3) or, if someone dislikes you post (Thumbs Down) you will lose a point, as seen in this image:

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 11.47.43 AM.png

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Just doing my part, spreading the love! ;)

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
New for is great, one question, can you edit after you have posted? I almost always have typos and if I go back and re-read something it bugs me. Couldn't find a button/option. I am in mobile mode on my android phone and chrome browser.

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
When you "like" someone's post, you are reacting to their post. Notice when you hover your mouse over the "thumbs up" icon, you get a pop up with 7 options: Thumbs up (like), Love, Laugh, Wow, Sad, Angry and Thumbs down (dislike).

When someone selects a reaction emoji for your post, you either get a reaction point (first 3 emojis) or the reaction is neutral (next 3) or, if someone dislikes you post (Thumbs Down) you will lose a point, as seen in this image:

View attachment 68086
Thanks I will use it as a positive response. Madflyer

lbcspinners

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi Basil,

Thanks for your BCF web site overhaul & work done to accomplish all of this!!

I'd have one suggestion, though it's not essential by any means to navigate the site & access different subjects, intuitively or otherwise, as the new site is just as user-friendly as before. I'd qualify my suggestion as being "Tidbit Tinkering" or "fine-tuning". Here it is:

The previous BCF would have on its main page the total number of guests & members currently on the website, along with the numbers perusing each forum sub-type; for example, per BCF Trading Post theme and per type/marque of British Car, i.e., Austin-Healey forum [107 viewers], MG forum [57 viewers], Triumph forum [38 viewers], MG classified [12 viewers], etc., etc..

Although non-essential information, I found the info nonetheless interesting as it gives members & guests a quick "instantaneous picture" of a marque's relative popularity on that particular day .

Just my 2 cents worth!! Thanks again Basil for your constant/consistent work in keeping the BCF alive & well!!

lbcspinners

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
That's a good suggestion and something I may implement if/when I can find a good modification for the software to accomplish this.

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
A question and a comment.
On the "community" page it says "media slide above nodes". What does that mean?
The logo shown for the Sunbeam forum is incorrect...it's the logo for Sunbeam home appliances (mixers, etc.). The Rootes Group logo is a lion crest.
sunbean_tiger_rootes-groupe_emblem_66.jpg

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
A question and a comment.
On the "community" page it says "media slide above nodes". What does that mean?
The logo shown for the Sunbeam forum is incorrect...it's the logo for Sunbeam home appliances (mixers, etc.). The Rootes Group logo is a lion crest.
The title on the media sliders was just the default title for the media slider. Agree it was confusing. I have altered that to say Random Media Slideshow. That media slide show just shows random media from the media section.

Good catch on the logo :smile: I found a logo that, while it is probably not an "official" Rootes logo, does a better job of indicating that the forum is related to the Rootes Group. In fact, I have expanded that forum now so that rather than just being for "Sunbeam" it can be used to discuss any marques that fall under t he Roots group. I'm keeping Sunbeam in the forum title only because that marque is probabnly one of the better know and more prolific in the Rootes Group, but I've added (Rootes) to the title.