Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Ok, maybe I missed this thread somewhere,
but anyone have any ideas why my Spitfire DVD/CD rom from
Heritage Motor Centre won't work in a new laptop?
Works fine in my old desktop.
Thanks Tom
I am not 100% sure about this and am going to test my theory, but vista and windows 7 do not use the winhlp32.exe program. It is downloadable from microsft to use in legacy programs that require it.The acrobat 7 issue may be valid but I am going to try this also.
Likewise on the two CDs I have (Mini and Spitfire). They run fine on XP with Adobe Reader 9. One of the reasons I bought a used laptop with XP was so I could continue to use my legacy programs that no longer run under Vista. I've been told they won't work under Windows-7 either (and yes... I tried compatibility mode and all that stuff).
I guess you could create a virtual PC running XP with either Microsoft's Virtual PC or VMware's free server. That way you wouldn't have to keep a physical PC around.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.