Well, I thought I could get away without removing the inner sills, but the DS was just too soft so I started pulling it tonight. Can't remember which piller is which, but I cut the weld at the front and it came loose fairly easily.
The rear is another story, I've got it loose around where the outer sill joins the post and on the inside where the flap of metal overlaps. I've also cut a box out of the rear wheel well and freed that connection - its still stuck - as I look down the tube from the back, it appears that the outer side of the sill is welded to the pillar...how do I break that weld? It almost appears that I would have to cut access through the tub just in front of the small rock guard...
thanks,
Kerry
The rear is another story, I've got it loose around where the outer sill joins the post and on the inside where the flap of metal overlaps. I've also cut a box out of the rear wheel well and freed that connection - its still stuck - as I look down the tube from the back, it appears that the outer side of the sill is welded to the pillar...how do I break that weld? It almost appears that I would have to cut access through the tub just in front of the small rock guard...
thanks,
Kerry
Hey Guest!