Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Where in blazes is the top mount location on the passenger side rear shock /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif
Is this on a coupe or roadster? The coupes you have to go in through an access panel in the boot. Fighting your way around the fill tube. I thought the roadsters could access it from inside the passenger compartment when the top is out of the way. Haven't done a wedge roadster yet. Maybe Todd can shed some light on making the coupe easier...
Pull the rear parcel area rug up. The shock mounts are under the carpet back in the corners. There are black round saucer like covers over them. Remove the covers and you will see the tops of the shocks. They are double nutted to keep the nuts from coming undone. I hope you haven't gone and started messing the fuel filler neck.
It's a vertable and to late Todd,I was just following the book. Can I get to it as you suggested if it isn't a coupe.I was able to get the old one out and it wasn't double nutted it was nylocked. Hope I can get to it as you say because I have no idea how to tighten it.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.