• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hello

OP
Cabrioman

Cabrioman

Couple of Pictures for Dean
13022010644.jpg

13022010645.jpg

Haven't found the vin number yet though.
Still looking.
Still waiting to find out about the TR4 but don't want to chase them as i don't want to seem desperate.

OP
Cabrioman

Cabrioman

They have 2 Shells but you really don't want to know hat the other looks like.
Not Nice

Turns out the Yard owner doesn't own the TR4, but he will ask the owner if he wants to sell it and for how much?
So now it's a case of waiting

HealeyBN7

Country flag
Wow. That Peerless GT Phase II body looks much better than I thought from the earlier picture. VIN numbers are under the hood on the inner fender. The hood opens to the front. If the hood latches are in place (corners of both sides), you would need the square drive "T" handle wrench to unlock them - the same toilet seat latches found on the TR3 boot, or a big flat blade screw driver.

Thanks again for the pics. Best of luck hunting down the owners - this is part of the fun, and adds to the story telling once you rescue it from them :smile:

Dean

OP
Cabrioman

Cabrioman

Update on the Peerless.
Body has no vin plate as it has had the inner wings cut.
Good news is it was used to rebuild another Peerless so not totally wasted.

Update on the TR4
Guy who owns it was paying the yard to keep it in dry storage.
10 months ago something happened so it was dumped in the field.
I have now covered the open windows so that should stop any more rubbish getting inside.

HerronScott

Darth Vader
Glad to hear it hasn't been longer but still sad to hear that 10 months of rain and snow have been allowed to get inside.

Since it sounds like the owner is having issues paying for the dry storage, maybe he will be motivated to sell the car to you.

Scott

NickMorgan

Jedi Knight
Cabrioman said:

That does seem to be a very high price for a TR4 with no MOT. Although, the car looks very straight and the views shown don't show any rust and the interior is very smart and straight. However, a car that has been sitting for 30 years will need a lot of work before it is road-worthy and there is quite a lot of surface rust in the engine compartment and on the indicator and light storks, etc. I think that the seller is very lucky with the price of this car.
If you look at the eBay car you will see seams either side of the boot lid that go from the opening to the beading. The beading itself goes along the seam in the top of the wings. It is apparent that there is no rust in those areas, which point towards the car being in good condition. These are areas that you need to check on the car you are looking at, along with the front edge of the rear wing, rear edge of the front wing, inner front wings, particularly where the bonnet hinges. Check that the door gaps are even. If they are wider at the top than the bottom the chassis could be weak. The sections of the chassis where the trailing arms are mounted it one of the first areas to go, particularly at its outer corners.

OP
Cabrioman

Cabrioman

Well i finally got the bonnet open and found an engine that looks pretty good for being 44 years old.
Still not spoken to anyone yet :wall:
Pictures :laugh:
20022010655.jpg

20022010656.jpg

20022010660.jpg

20022010657.jpg

And i found the missing drivers door handle In the armrest

HerronScott

Darth Vader
Cabrioman,

The commission number does show overdrive which matches the switch on the column. It looks pretty complete and not bad for a car that's been sitting.

I do have to ask what the large cannister and assembly is in the bottom right-hand side of the first picture (would be above the fuel pump). I've never seen anything like that before on a TR4 or TR4A. It looks like a vacuum cannister and it's been connected to an additional tap in the intake manifold. It looks like a vacuum-assisted brake booster since there also appears to be a brake line going in and out of it. Not something I've seen so I'm interested to know if this was a factory option or something someone added?

Scott

OP
Cabrioman

Cabrioman

HerronScott said:
Cabrioman,

The commission number does show overdrive which matches the switch on the column. It looks pretty complete and not bad for a car that's been sitting.

I do have to ask what the large cannister and assembly is in the bottom right-hand side of the first picture (would be above the fuel pump). I've never seen anything like that before on a TR4 or TR4A. It looks like a vacuum cannister and it's been connected to an additional tap in the intake manifold. It looks like a vacuum-assisted brake booster since there also appears to be a brake line going in and out of it. Not something I've seen so I'm interested to know if this was a factory option or something someone added?

Scott
Hey Scott
I had a look at it today and it is something to do with the brakes.
It looks like another master cyclinder and servo but wouldn't know if it was factory fitted or not.

T

TRDejaVu

Wondered what what happening with this car, so, inquiring minds want to know if you are going to get it.

HerronScott

Darth Vader
I was wondering the same as well.

Any chance there will be a happy ending to this hunt?

Scott

OP
Cabrioman

Cabrioman

TRDejaVu said:
Wondered what what happening with this car, so, inquiring minds want to know if you are going to get it.
At this moment, don't know.
My contact details have been passed on to the owner and until he calls me i can't do anything.
So i have to just sit and wait. :madder:

OP
Cabrioman

Cabrioman

Hi all, it' s been a while so an update. I still haven't heard from the TR4 owner but my finances have taken a turn for the worst, so at the moment unable to do anything. :frown: but i'm hoping that it will work out soon and then i'll try again.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
BTW: That "lump" over the fuel pump is indeed part of the braking system. Vacuum powered servo, Girling. Some other vehicles of the period had two fitted.