• Notice: If you're posting to get ride of the little man (we call him Lucas) please post something meaningful. Tell us about yourself and your interest in British cars. You need not share anything too personal. NOTE: this New Member's Forum is only to introduce yourself. If you have specific questions about your little British car, please post those in the appropriate marque-related forum.

One last thing - please start a new topic if you're new here rather than replying to a thread another new member has started.

Thanks and welcome to BCF!
    Basil
  • Hey Guest!
    Yoda says: A FREE resource for the Little British Car community BCF is. Support us with an account upgrade, not many will (less than 1%) "Require" you to pay to play we don't, but if you find BCF helpful, appreciate no pop up ads, and want to ensure we stay online - Supporting us with an "optional" low-cost member upgrade you should. There are some benefits to upgrading!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Seeing this UGLY banner, you won't)
Tips
Tips

Hello from Chicago

Healeyman

Freshman Member
My login Healeyman is the name my buddies called me years ago in college. In 1967 I saw the movie The Graduate and decided I wanted an Alfa. While searching in 1968 for that car I saw a 67 Big Healey and that left behind any thoughts of the Alfa. How I talked my Dad into buying a Gold 67 Healey 3000 MK Iii with 8000 miles in it for $2300 in 1968 I’ll never know. That Healey was my daily ride, summer and midwestern winter till 1976 when I parked it indoors and it sat for almost 30 years in my folks garage. When my mom passed I was cleaning out the garage and this guy walked by, saw the Healey and bought it on the spot. He picked it up and all the original factory documentation a week later and put it on a flatbed and that’s the last I saw of her. I know the Healey then went to Healeywerks in Lawton Iowa for minor mechanical as she was over 90% original with only 40,000 miles. The car was then resold abd went into a private collection in Texas. I misplaced the vin and I’m here to try ti track her down and just find out what happened to her. Maybe, someone here has some info to share.

welcome and good luck with your search

Welcome to BCF. Hope you are successful. Be sure to post about your quest also in our Austin Healey forum where you might get some good suggestions.

Back