• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hellertown PA

pakiwi

Is anybody going to the Show in Hellertown PA this Sunday. I was meant to teach, but class has been cancelled, so I will be looking at the weather. Has anybody been to this show, or intend on going. I have a 100 mile drive and wonder what sort of show it is (restored in perfect condition or all sorts of state of repair).
Thanks,
Allan

scott_74

I went last year and plan to attend this year as well. My Midget is FAR from perfect and there were a few other cars in comparable shape. There were plenty in fantastic shape though.

Mine's the mustard-colored Midget on the end...

DSC01774.JPG

DSC01768.JPG

I bought a Mini this year, so I may end up bringing that this time around.

Scott

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I love the car colors against the grass and the trees. Looks like a great place.

spritenut

Luke Skywalker
I am going and so is my daughter in her Lady-Bug.
I'll have my green 67, Tiffany will have a red and black Bugeye
And a buddy in a Morris convertible is tagging along too.

OP
pakiwi

pakiwi

I hope to get their. I was taking a look at the weather and looks like any rain will be done by 4am. My oldest daugher wants to go, I was hoping to get the car in a little better condition before showing it, but it will be nice to meet some people from the local area. Plus it will be a good time to spend with Isablle.

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi Folks,

I "WAS" planning on going but the weather is really going to be quite "IFFY" at best. Something like today.

"IF" I go; I`ll be wearing my BCF Tee Shirt & coming in my "Red on Red" BE.

Its a Great Show!

Russ

ralph_s

Jedi Trainee
Allan,
Tried to hook up w/ you yesterday at Hellertown but you were a "social butterfly" and never at your car. Hope you enjoyed the show it was a great day w/ a good turnout. You should have felt very good about your car. I drove from Elizabethtown and it is quite a haul, but worth the effort. Hope you enjoyed.

Magyar

Country flag
I made it all the way to Hershey from Columbus, Ohio but was getting too late to press on to Hellertown. So I stopped at the Auto Museum in Hershey. Very nice display. I had to be in York first thing this morning for work. Sad to have missed the Hellertown show. Hopefully Mid-Ohio Raceway in a couple weeks for the Vintage races. Any new pics from Hellertown to share with the rest of us?

Thanks,
Magyar

OP
pakiwi

pakiwi

Ralph,
I did enjoy the day. You may have seen me walking around with a young girl with red glasses. I got woken up at 5am asking if it was time to leave. I promised my oldest daughter (9) that we would go to the Car show if the weather was fine. I was a little tired from watching LeMans till midnight and got to the show at 10:30. I didn't get to clean the car much, but was really happy how it ran. I spent the entire day taking photos with Isabelle posing beside man of the cars. She really liked one of the restored Healey 3000's. If you took a look inside my car, you would have seen a child's seat with lots of donut crumbs in the car. We had a great time, Belle slept on the way home for an hour and a half and the car ran the 260 miles without a problem. Time to retorque the head and make sure everything else is fine, hopefully with some nice weather on the way, will be ready to hit the road again shortly.
Magyar, where abouts in York?
Allan

ralph_s

Jedi Trainee
We're practically neighbors. We'll have to caravan to the next show. If interested, I've got a great set of rally cue's from the SVVSCC for a covered bridge tour of Lancaster county. It covers 9 bridges and is a great drive. Let me know if interested and I'll mail you a copy.
Ralph

ps an AH 3000 would be a nice b'day present for your daughter!!!!

Magyar

Country flag
Allan, I'm working at Architectural Testing off of Derry Court for the next couple days. I'm staying at the Hampton. You are in an envious position to have a young'en that has an interest in your hobby. My daughter never gave them a second thought. My son called them "the jalopies" until he became 16, then he called them "the healies" in hopes that he might be able to drive one, but didn't have much interest in working on them. I am thankful that my wife enjoys them.
Magyar

OP
pakiwi

pakiwi

Ralph,
The covered bridge tour would definitely be good to see. Thanks,
So when is the next show. I know there is one in Gettysburg for English invade Gettysburg. Let me know if you would like to hook up and go for a drive. I know you have some great driving in your area.
Let me know.
Allan

OP
pakiwi

pakiwi

Maygar,
Are you working at Graham?
Do you come here often?
My three daughters all like to ride in the Midget. I did not have much of a choice. My grandfater worked for BMC and I have had British Cars all of my life from a mini, two vauxhalls, a midget and a land rover. My father had a Rover TC2600.
Allan

ralph_s

Jedi Trainee
Allan,
There are 3 shows I plan to attend. British Invade Gettysburg on July 12; A Taste of Britan on Aug 23 & MG's On the Rocks on Sept 26. A nice mix of events. Also the Lanco MG Club is planning a trip to Longwood Gardens this Sunday. Not sure I'll make that one. Finally, the SVVSCC is planning another covered bridge tour for Oct 18. Send me an address and I'll forward the cue sheets.

Magyar

Country flag
Allan, I'm not sure what you are refering to "Graham"? I am working at a Testing facility, ATI or Architectural Testing, Inc. The facility is located on Derry Court, just off of I83. I get here, depending on the project loads, about once everyother month. Sometimes once a month for about 3 to 4 days per visit. I've not driven the Sprite yet, but the British Invade Gettysburg sounds like a great adventure to see how well she travels out of state.