Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I am going to put the BE back together without the heater assembly, and was wondering if there is a radiator hose that does not have the port for the heater pipe? And does anyone make a block off plate for the valve at the back of the head?
There is a blanking plate for the heater valve on the head, it is easily made out of a piece of aluminum or Mini Mania may sell them.
As for the lower hose, a bolt and a hose clamp fix that.
I know the hose for no heater was available back when the heaters were optional, I do not know if that hose is around anymore.
I removed my heater when if sprang a leak last year - I just ran a bypass hose from the valve on the block to the pipe going to the radiator hose... This way I still keep the heater valve open (some say you need to keep coolant flowing past #4 cylinder... Don't really think this is true, but why tempt fate!). Now if I could just get the valve to note leak around the base...
cd
I made a sheet metal blanking plate to cover the hole under the heater core. I also made one to cover the air inlet behind the grill. For the engine, I just made a blanking plate out of a thick piece of steel. For the radiator hose, I just put a large bolt in it and clamped it. Not real pretty, but it is hard to see. Not having the heater core makes getting to the battery much easier. Blanking the large 4 inch hole behind the grill helps channel more air to the radiator.
You could probably find a section of hose at your local parts house that would have the needed bend. Cut out the part you need and toss the rest. You need to find a parts house that let you do some digging.
I have a spare, but as for the chances, the top never goes up on this car so I don't get too far from home. With that said, I still manage to get caught in the rain at least once a year - no wipers, no windows or top. It's always an adventure.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.