• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Healeys at my local car show

turtle

A great showing for Bay Area Healeys in Alameda! The show is for cars 1976 and prior. It's mostly a American Muscle/Hot Rod show but the British are coming. Mine got to hangout with the "Big Boys".

Attachments

• IMG_1698.jpg
    IMG_1698.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 170
OP
turtle

turtle

This beauty has been in the same family since new...

Attachments

• IMG_1741 copy 2.jpg
    IMG_1741 copy 2.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 257
OP
turtle

turtle

A lovely red one... I actually stalked this one around town once....a Sprite and even a Citroen Traction Avant too!

Attachments

• IMG_1700 copy 2.jpg
    IMG_1700 copy 2.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1703 copy 2.jpg
    IMG_1703 copy 2.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 106
  • citroenTA.jpg
    citroenTA.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 90

Jim 58 BN6

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Nice pictures of interesting cars, but when I saw the picture in the first post, I was shocked to see a '68 Chevy wagon EXACTLY like the one I had many years ago when I finished college. Then, it was just old, reliable, cheap transportation. My brother always joked that it was "destined to be a classic" (it was actually in very nice condition-but it was a station wagon...). Now I see its twin is at a car show, so I guess he was right. What did I miss, and when did I miss it?!

The black BN6 is VERY nice, and I hope one day mine looks half as good as that one. My car was originally black, with red upholstery. I've been considering repainting it black with red in the coves, but now after seeing that one, maybe black on black is the way to go. Oh, well, there's plenty to do before having having to make those choices.

Last edited:
Country flag
Great pictures turtle!

That black 2-seater is gorgeous, and what a great story too, but would it have killed them to clean the tires?!?! :cheers:

attachment.php
Nice pictures of interesting cars, but when I saw the picture in the first post, I was shocked to see a '68 Chevy wagon EXACTLY like the one I had many years ago when I finished college. Then, it was just old, reliable, cheap transportation. My brother always joked that it was "destined to be a classic" (it was actually in very nice condition-but it was a station wagon...). Now I see its twin is at a car show, so I guess he was right. What did I miss, and when did I miss it?!

The black BN6 is VERY nice, and I hope one day mine looks half as good as that one. My car was originally black, with red upholstery. I've been considering repainting it black with red in the coves, but now after seeing that one, maybe black on black is the way to go. Oh, well, there's plenty to do before having having to make those choices.
Black w/red coves & red/bk upholstery is exactly how I will restore BN6L/942 next time!** I think that is such an outstanding color combination, especially suited to the 2-seater.

That all black is just too much black, in my humble opinion. Likewise, not something that I need to decide on right away!

** BN6L/942 left Abingdon blue/white & blue, then was restored to silver & black in the 70s, followed by another restoration to white & black in the 80s, to its current (and only ground-up) rebuild in the 21st Century of wine red & honey tan.

OP
turtle

turtle

Yeah, that l'wagon got tons of grins and many stories from the public. Second only to the 21 window VW bus across the way.

The owners purchased it sight unseen off eBay from Pittsburg and they did very well. The wagon is epic in every way. Attendees would get a surprise when they walked around the Impala and saw my little Healey nestled beside like a baby bird. If you look the few other shots in my DropBox folder you might be able to spy two martini glasses and a bottle of gin behind the rear facing seats. The owner told me if you fold all the seats down you end up with 9' of deck space... more than his truck.

Between the Impala and the Charger with the "Clean Air Vehicle" sticker :encouragement: my Healey had great company.

Jim 58 BN6

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Yeah, that l'wagon got tons of grins and many stories from the public. Second only to the 21 window VW bus across the way.

The owners purchased it sight unseen off eBay from Pittsburg and they did very well. The wagon is epic in every way. Attendees would get a surprise when they walked around the Impala and saw my little Healey nestled beside like a baby bird. If you look the few other shots in my DropBox folder you might be able to spy two martini glasses and a bottle of gin behind the rear facing seats. The owner told me if you fold all the seats down you end up with 9' of deck space... more than his truck.

Between the Impala and the Charger with the "Clean Air Vehicle" sticker :encouragement: my Healey had great company.

I also sold my '56 Chevy 2dr post, so obviously I don't understand what's hot. It's always seemed that I must lack the "cool" gene...:cool:
Curiously, the other day I found the very nice, original owner's manual for the '68 wagon, still with all the warranty stuff and in its original Chevy plastic bag. Maybe I should sell it on ebay! I've kept is safe for over 32years.

It's amazing how tiny your (very nice, BTW) car looks between the two giants!

OP
turtle

turtle

Your too kind.. my car is a 20 footer; needs new paint and interior but drives great. My Healey is tiny in stature compared to the other two but my engine is Bigger! 6.6 liter small block Chevy 400!... only the side pipes give it away... unless you start it. :encouragement:

I also sold my '56 Chevy 2dr post, so obviously I don't understand what's hot. It's always seemed that I must lack the "cool" gene...:cool:
Curiously, the other day I found the very nice, original owner's manual for the '68 wagon, still with all the warranty stuff and in its original Chevy plastic bag. Maybe I should sell it on ebay! I've kept is safe for over 32years.

It's amazing how tiny your (very nice, BTW) car looks between the two giants!

WaltCasten

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I sent that first picture to a few of my friends because I thought it was shocking how much smaller the Healey looks than the other two cars, particularly the Chevy wagon.

The responses I'm getting back are "nice photoshop job there, shrinking that Healey" and such.

OP
turtle

turtle

:cool:Ha! No Photoshop at all. If you look at the DropBox photos you'll see a profile shot of my car with the Charger. Our rear bumpers are lined up so the extra 4ft of Charger is very easy to see. Someone did say I could just about fit my car in the Impala.

IMG_1796 copy.jpg

I sent that first picture to a few of my friends because I thought it was shocking how much smaller the Healey looks than the other two cars, particularly the Chevy wagon.

The responses I'm getting back are "nice photoshop job there, shrinking that Healey" and such.

WaltCasten

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Wow, cool, I didn't think so but had to ask. I'll let the smart arses know. Thanks for sharing these pictures.

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I was in SoCal last week to visit my daughter who attends the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena. They hold an annual car show on the campus, and this year the theme was "Hand-Made Cars." With alumni such as Pete Brock and Chip Foose, the Art Center turns out some world-class designers. The new Acura NSX was on display, which was penned by a former student, along many stunning cars including a gorgeous Nash-Healey Le Mans Coupe.

Acura NSX 2017-lr.jpg

Nash-Healey LeMans Coupe -lr.jpg

Art Center Car Show 2016-lr.jpg

Audi Concept-lr.jpg

Chevy Concept-lr.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: